Chapter 33

Josh woke up and looked over at Maxie and he smiled and he then gently put his arm around her and kissed her on the back of her shoulder gently. Maxie woke up and felt it and she smiled and gently turned around in his arm and looked at him and smiled he did too and he said "good morning beautiful". Maxie smiled and said "good morning too you too handsome" Josh then said "oh.. Today Adeline starts second grade i almost forgot". Maxie smiled and said "go wake her up and i will make her a great breakfast okay" Josh smiled and said "okay beautiful". Then Josh got up and got dressed and so did Maxie Josh walked down the hall way and walked in to her room and smiled as
He saw her a sleep. He then bent down and put his hand on her arm and shook her gently and said "hey sweetie it's time to wake up.. Wake up it's the first day of school". Adeline theb woke up and looked at him and smiled she then said "okay" she then got up and went to her dresser Josh smiled and then walked out of her bed room. He went to the kitchen and walked in and smiled when he saw Maxie making Adeline's breakfast he then walked over to her and put his arms around her from behind. He then kissed her on the neck a few times sweetly Maxie smiled when he did and she then said "is Adeline getting ready?". Josh smiled and he said "yes she is" Maxie then said "does she bring her own lunch or does she get school lunch?". Josh then said "she gets school lunch" Maxie then said "okay" after Maxie was done making Adeline's breakfast. Adeline came in after letting out Tucker and feeding him and she then sat down at the table as Maxie brought her breakfast over Maxie made her pancakes eggs and bacon. Adeline smiled and said "thank you mommy" she smiled and said "no problem sweet heart" Adeline then started to eat her breakfast as Maxie and Josh sat down with her. Maxie then said "are you excited for today Adeline?" Adeline smiled and said "yes i am mama.. I can't wait to try to make new friends". Josh smiled and Maxie did too and Josh said "that's good to hear pumpkin" Adeline smiled.

Then soon she was done with her breakfast so she got up from the table and she put her plate in the sink and Josh looked at the time and her bus will be there in ten minutes. So Josh got up and said "get your bookbag Addy your bus will be here in a few minutes" Adeline smiled and said "okay daddy". Then Adeline got her bookbag and Josh said "say by to mommy" Adeline smiled and then she said as she hugged Maxie "see you later mama i love you". Maxie smiled and hugged her back saying "see you when you get back home sweet heart and i love you too" then they pulled out of the hug and Josh smiles and then they headed out the door. Josh closed it behind himself and they walked down to the end of the drive way and waited for the bus and once it came. Adeline smiled and the bus stopped and opened it's doors and Adeline was about to get on but then she ran to Josh and hugged him around his waist. He smiled and hugged her back saying "see you later pumpkin i love you" Adeline smiled and said "i love you too daddy" Josh kissed her sweetly on the top of her head. Then she went up on to the bus and tears filled Josh's eyes as he watched her and then onve she got on and on to her seat the bus closed it's doors. Adelime looked out the window at him and smiled and she waved at him he smiled and then waved at her back. The bus driver got ready and then the bus drove away Josh sighed and stood there Maxie looked out the window and saw Josh standing there. She then went to the front door and opened it and she walked out and walked down the end of the drive way to him once she got there she put her hand on his shoulder. Squeezing it gently Josh sighed and then he said "she is just growing up to fast" Maxie looked at him and saw the emotions in his eyes showing that he is a bit sad. Maxie then smiled a little and she said "Josh no matter how old she gets she will always be your little girl" Josh looked at Maxie and he smiled a little.

He then said "your right.. But it's just so hard" Maxie smiled and said "i know babe it's your fatherly instincts and it's alright to feel like that.. I couldn't imagine how you feel but with a strong bond that you have with Adeline won't ever go away". Josh smiled and Maxie did too and she then said "let's go inside" Josh agreed and then they both walked in to the house and Josh closed the door behind himself. Tucker then came running over to them and Josh chuckled and said "hey Tucker mommy will be back home in a few hours buddy". Tucker wagged his tail and then ran over to his toy and started to play with it and Josh chuckled and said "he is so damn cute". Maxie chuckled and said "yes he sure is" Adeline got off of the bus and she was smiling and excited as she entered the school building until she saw a lot of kids she isn't used to this as she went to a small school last year. She was a little bit scared now as she walked through the hall she looked around and she gulped as she looked around. Then she walked to her class room but she tripped over something and she fell down in to the class room and the kids in there started to giggle at her. She then got up and looked around and it was a big class so she sat down in the chair all the way in the back as she was so embarrassed already. Soon school started and Adeline payed attention to the teacher and she said "okay kids i want y'all to introduce your selfs so let's go around the room and y'all say your names and what your parents do". Then they started to go around the room when it reached to her she looked around and everyone is looking at her. If there is one thing she doesn't like to do is talk in to big crowed ic people she then stood up and said shyly "I'm.. Adeline Donaldson". The teacher then said "say it a little louder so everyone can hear swwetie" Adeline looked at her and then Adeline said "I'm Adeline Donaldson.. And my daddy plays professional baseball for the Atlanta Braves" she heard some of the kids giggle when she said that she felt a little down.

But then she heard "your daddy is Josh Donaldson?" It was a guy and Adeline shook her head yes he then laughed and said "he's so pathetic he's an abuse" Adeline then said "hey no he's not!". The teacher said "hey settle down guys no fighting Nick you have no right to say that.. So I'll be taking recess from you". Nick the boy sighed and glared at Adeline she then sat down in her seat wanting to hide in a hole she slid down in her seat as the school day went on Adeline has been made fun of for some reason. She wanted to go home but she knew that she'll have to wait for the end of school it came to be recess. So Adeline and her classmates went outside Adeline looked around wishing that Ava and Lexi was there with her but they are not. She sighed and started to walk around minding her own business as she found her way in to some where quite and away from the big crowed of kids on the playground. She then felt someone touch her on the butt she jumped and turned around quickly as she freaked out a little and fell to the ground thinking that it was Bryce but it wasn't she sighed in relief a little. It was an older student and Adeline said a little scared "wh.. Why did you touch me there?". The boy smirked and said "because i felt like it" he then touched her in the private spot she backed away and ran away from him hiding behind a large tree. She sat down on the ground and cride as she heard him laughing walking away she wanted Josh she wants to go home but she knew the day is almost over so she'll get to go home soon. When that time came she got on to the bus and headed home once she got home she ran in to the house closing the door. She ran passed Maxie as Maxie said "hey sweetie how was your school day?" Adeline ran in to her room closing the door behind herself she got on her bed and laid down under her sheets and she crying a little. Maxie was worried so she then went to Adeline's room and walked in after she opened the door she went over to her and said "Adeline honey what's wrong". Adeline hid under her blankets not wanting to answer Maxie, Adeline wanted Josh, Maxie sighed and she knew Adeline would tell Josh on what's going on. Josh right now was at the grocery store so when he came back to the house Maxie went over to him and she sighed and said "Josh.. Adeline is in her bed room and crying i went in there to see wjat was wrong but.. She wouldn't answer or talk to me.. I think she wants you I'm not sure I'm kind worried about her she seemed really upset".

Josh looked at Maxie and saw the worriedness in her eyes and then he said "okay I'll go talk to her" so he then walked down the hall way to her bed room. He looked in and saw Adeline hiding under her blankets completely he was worried so he then sat down next ti her and moved the blanket from the top of hsmer head. Adeline looked and she then sat up and hugged Josh and started to cry Josh hugged her back. Comforting her "shh.. I'm right here.. Shh" Adeline then said through her tears "i don't want go go back there". Josh then said "why baby?.. What happened today that makes you not want to go back" Adeline then said what happened earlier in the morning and what happened during the class. She then said "and at Recess i was just finding somewhere quite to be by myself then i felt someone touch my butt so i freaked out a little thinking that it was Bryce but it wasn't.. He then touched me on my private part". Josh looked at her and said "who touched you there? Do you know the boys name?" Adeline then said "no daddy i don't" Josh is very furious right now but he knows that Adeline is his number one priority right now as she broke down crying. She said through her tears "i was so.. So scared daddy.. I thought it was going to happen again". Josh hugged her and said "no baby not over my body.. I'll try to do everything i can Addy i promise.. But you have to go to school it's the law and i will get in trouble if you don't go.. I will call the school and tell them what happened okay tomorrow morning". Adeline held on to him and Josh held her comforting her soon she fell a sleep in his arms as she cried herself to sleep. Josh smiled a little he then put her carefully on the bed and tucked her in and kissed her on the temple sweetly. He then got up carefully and walked out of her bed room and down to his and Maxie's Maxie looked at him and she knew Josh was very very pissed about something. Maxie then said "what happened with Adeline babe?" Josh looked at her and he then said as he got un dressed.

"She got bullied on her first day and also at Recess she got sexually assaulted by some kid that was a boy on the playground". Maxie then said "oh my god and the teachers thers didn't see him do that?" Josh then said "apparently not" Maxie then said "what are you going to do?". Josh then said "i know i can't call the school right now because no one is there but in the morning i will call them and show them my displeasure that's for sure.. A little eight year old girl should never be touched like Adeline was.. She was scared as hell and doesn't understand or what to do..". He laid down on the bed and said "she is my sweet little girl who shouldn't go through this like i did when i was younger". Maxie looked at him she wanted to ask a question about wjat he just said but she thought it's best not to because he is venting out his anger. So she closed her eyes and soon fell a sleep and so did Josh.

A/N: here is an update for y'all 😆 that gif though in the media 😍