Chapter 5

Josh is a wake and he found what he was going to wear for the date tonight with Maxie he can't lie he is pretty nervouse well also because he wants her to like him. He hasn't dated in so long though because the first few dates he went on after he and Lizzy broke up he got turned down by them because he had Adeline. That's why he stopped because he had to choose between them or her and he couldn't give up Adeline because he loves her to much and she is his little girl. His only world and what keeps him going he smiled a little he knows that he is very blessed to have Adeline with him he was broken out of his foughts when he heard "daddy". It was Adeline and she sounds like she has been crying so then he turned around and there was Adeline walking over to him with tears down her cheeks. He then said worryingly "pumpkin what's wrong? Why are you upset?" Adeline then said "that night i heard you and mommy fighting on the phone". Josh sighed and then he said "I'm sorry pumpkin" Adeline then said "am i a mistake daddy? Was i not supposed to happen?.. Do you hate me?". Josh then said "oh sweet heart no i don't hate you.. And you are not a mistake to your mother she might think that but to me.. Your not I'm happy that you did happen because.. I wanted to show the world and your grandpa that i could be a father.. And the reason why i kicked mommy out is..". He stopped him self and then he said "I know grandma told you that i had a rough past when i was around your age and it is true.. When i was younger when your grandpa and grandma Lisa was togeather i saw that he was hitting and abusing grandma Lisa and it has continued and i was told that's how you treat a girl.. But i knew better that it wasn't the right way.. And when i saw and heard that your mommy was abusing you it brought me back to that time when he sent grandma Lisa to the hospital.. And.. I never wanted that to happen to you.. I don't want to see my little girl in a hospital bed if i could help it..".

His eyes was getting a little misty as he talked about her getting hurt he then said "if i ever lost you Addy i wouldn't know what to do.. Because your my one and only little girl.. I love you". Adeline looked at him and then she said "i love you too daddy" Josh smiled a little and then he said "come here" she did and then shw hugged him around the neck and he hugged jer back. They stayed in that hug for a few more minutes and then they pulled out of the hug and then Josh said "i will be leaving here in about an hour because um.. I'm taking coach Maxie on a date and that's why grandma Lisa is here". Adeline giggled and then she said "you like coach Maxie! You have a crush on her" she giggled Josh then said "stop teasing me or the tickle monstar will come out". She squelled and then she ran out of his room Josh chuckled that has always worked on her and he loves her reactions when he says that to her and then he shook his head a little and then he got up and went to his bed and got his black tuxedo. He then started to get dressed for the date he got on his tuxedo and he then went in to this bath room and started to take care of his hair after he did that he walked out of the bath room. He looked in to his mirror and he smiled and said "this should do" he got his phone and he then walked out of his bed room and out in to the living room. He saw his mother Lisa and Adeline laughing and talking he smiled and walked over to them and Lisa looked at him and smiled and then Adeline looked at him. She then smiled and said "you look handsome daddy" Josh smiled and said "thanks pumpkin" Josh then looked at the time and then he said "i have to get going.. Okay mom remember her bed time is at nine o'clock non later then that.. And for you Addy be good for grandma Lisa okay". Adeline smiled and "okay daddy" she then hugged him around his waist and she said "i love you daddy" Josh smiled and said to her "i love you too baby girl".

He then kissed her on the fore head sweetly and he then said bye and left the house and went to his car go ready and pulled out of the drive way and headed over to Maxie's house Maxie finished getting ready and she looked at her self in the mirror and she smiled a little and said "this should work?". She has always been conservative over her body so it isn't easy for her to wear a dress (in media) she decided to leave her hair down and she can't lie she is nervouse because what if he dosent like her? She can only think of that she then heard the door bell ring so that must be Josh so she headed to the front door after she got down stairs. She took a deep breath in and then let it out Josh heard the door open so he looked and when Maxie came in to view his eyes was amazed and the only words that could come out of his mouth was "wow.. You look beautiful Maxie". Maxie looked at him and she smiled shyly and said "thanks.. You look handsome" Josh smiled and said "thanks.. Here i got you these" he showed her the rose's he bought her and she smiled and said "aw thanks Josh i love them". Josh then said "I'm glad you do" she was very beautiful and like he would have imagen her and then Maxie came back after she put them a way Josh held out his hand and he said "you ready to go?". Maxie smiled and said "yes" she took his hand and he lead her to his car and he then opened the door and Maxie smiled and got in and Josh closed the door. He then went over to the drivers side and got in buckled him self ans then they headed to the place that they are going to eat at Maxie looked over at Josh and she smiled. She can't lie he looks very handsome in his tuxedo she then looked out the window as it is a clear night she smiled soon they arrived and Josh parked and got out first. He then went over to the passenger side and opened the door and helped Maxie out of his car she smiled when he did they held hands and went up to the entrance.