Chapter 41

Adeline woke up as she couched Maxie looked up from her phone as she was sitting on the couch and she looked over at Adeline. She smiled a little as she saw that she was a wake she then got up from the couch and went over to Adeline's bed side and sat down on the chair that was there. She smiled and said as she brushed a few of Adeline's hair strains to the back of her ear and she then said "hey sweetie good morning". Adeline looked over at her and she smiled a little and said "good morning mommy". Maxie smiled and said "how are you feeling?" Adeline then said "i feel the same way as i have been". Maxie sighed a little she then said "hopefully soon you'll get better" Adeline then said "mommy i want to go home.. When can i got home?". Maxie looked at her and she sighed a little and then she said "I'm not sure honey i know you want to but we have to wait to take you home until you get better we don't want you to get sick again". Adeline sighed with tears in her eyes and then she looked around for Josh and Tucker but she didn't see them and so she asked "mommy where is daddy and Tucker?". Maxie then said "daddy had to bring Tucker home because he was getting too crazy to stay here so he had to bring him home so he can play and then after daddy does that then he'll come back here but leave Tucker at home is that okay with you?". Adeline smiled a little and then she said "yes it is mommy" Maxie smiled and then Adeline said "mommy i am hungry can i get breakfast?" Maxie then said "yes of course honey". she then got the hospital phone and dield the number for room service to order Adeline breakfast. Adeline looked through the breakfast menu to see what she wants. once she found want she wanted she told Maxie and Maxie told the person on the phone what she wanted then in a few minutes the food arrived and Maxie smiled as Adeline started to eat. After Adeline ate her breakfast she looked at Maxie and she said "mommy i want to color" Maxie smiled and said "okay" she then got the coloring book and gave it to her.

Then she gave Adeline the crayons so she can color and once she did Adeline started to look for what she wanted to color in. Josh pulled into the hospital parking deck and he found a parking spot and parked right in it. after he did Josh got out of his car and closed the door behind him and locked the car after he did. He walked to the elevator and went down to the level that the hospital was on. After he got there he walked into the hospital and once he did he went to the floor that Adeline was on. He got there and went down to her hospital room and once he got there he quietly opened the door. Just in case if Adeline or Maxie was still asleep and he then looked in and he smiled. As he saw Adeline and Maxie up and it looks like Adeline is coloring in a coloring book. He then walked in and he then said "hey girls i'm happy to see y'all up" then Maxie and Adeline looked and Maxie smiled as Adeline said "good morning daddy". Josh smiled and said to her "hey sweetie good morning to you too.. how are you feeling?". Adeline then said "i still feel the same way i has been". Josh then sighed and said "okay baby" Adeline then said after she coughed "daddy i colored this for you". Josh walked over and he smiled as she showed him the coloring she has done for him. It was a wolf and he then said "i love it baby i will put it up in my locker when i get to the clubhouse tonight". Adeline smiled when he said that Josh then looked at Maxie and he smiled and she did too. then he sat down next to her and then Adeline looked at them and she said "daddy and mommy do you know that slut is with Manny now?". Josh's eyes went big and then he said "Adeline Rose Donaldson.. we are in a public place you can't just say that". Adeline then said "daddy neither her or Manny cared about me they would leave me at the house alone while they went out.. they never let me leave the house except for school.. they wouldn't even let me call you or mommy because they thought that i would tell on them".

Tears filled her eyes and Josh was beyond pissed that Lizzy and Manney didn't take care of her like they were supposed to. But then Adeline started to cry and started to cough as well as she cried. Josh then got up and sat down on the bed gently and put his hand on Adeline's hand and he said "baby please stop crying because it's making you cough more you need to calm down.. i know it's been hard for you and i can't imagine what you have been through with them.. but you don't have to worry any more because i have full custody over you and she is not allowed to come near you ever again i promise". Adeline then calmed down as her coughing was taking over Josh then rubbed her back as she sat up. Soon her cough settled down and she looked at Josh and she said "i'm sorry for saying that word". Josh then said "it's okay honey just don't say that again okay it's not a good word". Even though Josh agree's with the word Adeline has used Adeline then hugged him and Josh smiled a little and hugged her back. Maxie looked at them and she smiled as they hugged each other. It will always warm her heart when they both hug each other because it's just there father and daughter bond with each other. Then they pulled out of the hug and Josh looked at Adeline and said "Addie do you need anything right now?". She looked at him and she then said "i'm cold daddy can i get an extra blanket?". He smiled and said "yes of course.. i will be right back" he then got up from the bed. He then walked out of the room and went to go get a blanket. Maxie looked at Adeline and she thought on why do these things always happen to Adeline. She is a very sweet little girl who has so much love to give to other people. She hasn't done anything wrong but things keep on coming at her she has proven that she is so strong when she has beaten stomach cancer. Which is rarely found in children and now Pneumonia has came and she has to prove that she is strong again she guesses that it is all in gods hands right now and her life is there too.