Chapter 9

Maxie woke up to the sun shining in her face she then sighed and turned around and she then opened her eyes expecting to see Josh but he wasn't there. She then prompt her self up and looked around Josh walked out of the bath room and he looked at her and he smiled then he said "good morning beautiful". Maxie looked at him and she smiled and said "good morning to you too handsome" Josh walked over to her. He then sat down on the bed and he looked at her and said "had a good night sleep?" Maxie smiled and said "yes.. Because i was with you". He smiled and said "well that's good" Maxie smiled and said "i know what your looking for" he looked at her and said "what am i looking for?". She smiled and sat up saying "this" she then kissed him on the lips sweetly and he smiled and kissed her back they then pulled out of the kiss. Then Josh asked "do you read minds?" She smiled and said "well i can read some minds but not all minds perfectly". Josh chuckled a little at her and he then said "well good to know" then they heard "daddy and Maxie" both Josh and Maxie looked and saw that Adeline has a tray of waffles. Adeline smiled and said "these waffles are for you guys" both of them smiled and Josh said to her "thanks sweet heart.. You cooked them all by yourself?". Adeline smiled and said "yes i did " she handed the tray over to Josh he then said "your too sweet thanks" Adeline smiled and said "i did it because i love y'all both". Josh smiled and Maxie's heart melted and Josh said "we love you too Addy" Adeline climbed on the bed she is already dressed wearimg her Josh Donaldson t-shirt. Josh and Maxie started to eat there waffles and Maxie asked "are you going to eat sweetie?". Adeline then said "i already did and i let out Coco and i fed her too" Josh smiled and said "that's good honey" then after they ate Josh said to Adeline "let's go out so Maxie can get dressed okay". Adeline then said "okay" they then headed out and Maxie got up from the bed and went to look for clothes to wear for today after she did she got dressed. (Outfit for Adeline)

After she was done she walked out of the bed room and walked in to the living room and she heard "daddy my shirt has you on it!"

After she was done she walked out of the bed room and walked in to the living room and she heard "daddy my shirt has you on it!". Josh looked at her and he smiled and said as he picked her up "I know baby girl.. I'm your favorite baseball player right? Or is that uncle Ender?". Adeline giggled and said "no your my favorite baseball player and uncle Ender is my second favorite.. just don't tell uncle Freddie". Josh chuckled and then he said "well do" he then kissed her on the cheek. She giggled when he did because his scruff tickled her. Maxie smiled and said "I'm all ready" Josh and Adeline looked and Josh smiled and said "okay let's get going". They walked out of the house and went to the car got in amd headed to SunTrust park they arrived and went down to the club house. Josh looked at Maxie amd he smiled and said "i promised Adeline to get some ice cream.. So can you? I have to get ready for batting practice". Maxie smiled and said "i would love to" Josh smiled and said "okay great thanks.. Addy you gonna go with Maxie to get some ice cream okay". Adeline smiled and said "okay daddy" Josh smiled and then he went in to the club house Maxie looked at Adeline and said as she took her hand "let's go get some ice cream sweetie". Adeline smiled and then they started to walk to were they sale ice crram in the stadium they got Adeline's ice cream and started to walk back the Braves club house and they were minding there own business until they heard "well well look who it is". Maxie froze when she heard the voice it was the vocie of the one and only Bryce Harper she turned around and it was him. Bryce smirked and said "well I'll be damned it is you Maxie" Maxie then said shaklingly "what do you want Bryce?". Adeline looked at Maxie and said "you know Bryce Harper?" Maxie looked at her and then she said "Adeline you can go to the club house okay and I'll be there in a few minutes". Adeline then said "okay" she then left Bryce then said "why were you with Donaldson's daughter?" She then said "it's none of your damn business Bryce". Bryce then said "your pathetic Maxie you are fucking with Josh aren't you?" Maxie then said "no i am not he is my boyfriend now if you don't mind I'm going to go" she then turned around and started to walk to the club house. Bryce then said to her "he better watch his back Maxie" Maxie rolled her eyes and went down the stairs to the club house. She walked in and started to look for Josh and she smiled as she saw Josh with Adeline he asked her "may i have a bite?" Adeline giggled and said to him "yes daddy".

Then she gave him a bite and he then looked at Maxie and smiled and she did too. Then ut was game time so Adeline after whishing Josh good luck she went to go tell the others Josh went over to Maxie. He then said as he kissed her sweetly on her lips "please dont be mad at me but.. Bryce plays for the Phillies know and he's here". Maxie then said "i know.. I saw the Phillies line up.. Any way good luck out there today.. I love you" Josh smiled and said "i love you too" he then gave her one last sweet kiss and he left as Adeline and Maxie went to there seats. The game started and it's the third inning and when Bryce went up to the on deck circle he looked at Maxie with a glare and a smirk. Maxie looked at him and started to get un comfortable Josh walked out the dug out and and started to head to third base. He looked at Maxie and noticed that she was looking very uncomfortable he looked at her concernly. Maxie looked at him and she smiled Josh got to third base and the inning began and Bryce is now up and Maxue us hoping that he won't get to third base. But he hit a triple and is now on third base Bryce looked over at Josh who is getting in position and getting ready for the next batter. He smirked and he said to him "i heard that you are fucking around with my ex Maxie Jones" Josh heard him but decided to ignore him. Bryce is detirmand to get under Josh's skin so then he said "you know she's pathetic and a sociopath if she told you i abused her she is lieing". Josh is trying nit to let Bryce get under his skin pissing him off Bryce noticed that it was starting to work. He then said "Maxie us just looking for sex from guys like you.. Oh and i got to say i ran in to her today and saw your little girl what's her name?.. Oh yeah it's Adeline and i have to say she is smoking hot who's her mother". That was it the last straw for Bryce Josh looked at him and he forcefully pushed Bryce off of third base and he fell to the ground.

Bryce smirked and he said "you tried Donaldson but it is true Adeline is hot and you know what happens she could be raped and killed" Josh's blood started to boil at Bryce and his hands went in to fist. Josh then punched Bryce in the face and Bryce and Josh started to fight and the fans started to make a lot of commotion. Adeline then looked at Maxie and she said "why is daddy and Bryce fighting" Maxie looked at her and said "I'm not sure honey" but she knew deep down it was about her he must of said something to Josh that he didn't like. It took Freddie, Ender and Dansby to pull Josh off of Bryce Josh yelled at him "you fucking better not come near her or my little girl you ever agian you got that you fucking bastard!". Josh and Bryce were ejected and Josh wemt down to the club house still filled with anger Adeline and Maxie walk down to the club house and walked in they saw Josh letting out some more anger as he was punching his bug of equipment. Maxie walked over to him and she put her hand on his shoulder after he was done letting his anger out he looked at her and sighed. "I'm sorry Max i shouldn't have let him get under my skin and piss me off.. But he wasn't targeting only you he was targeting Addy". Maxie cuped his face and she said "it's okay Josh I'm not mad at you.. I understand he can be a jerk" Josh then asked "were is Adeline?". Maxie then said "she us over here" Josh looked and noticed that Adeline was scared and he knew exactly why it's because she has never seen him that angry. He then said softly "Addy.. Come here i won't hurt you" Adeline came over and Josh picked her up in to his arms he hugged her and she hugged him back. Tears filled his eyes as he thought about what could really happen to Adeline any day he has never really feard about it until Bryce said what he did. He started to cry Adeline then said "daddy please don't cry" Maxie got a little worried of what Bryce said to him. He then said to Adeline "you know i love you so much right? And I'll protect you no matter what Addy".

Adeline then said "i love you too daddy.. Everything will be okay" Josh held on to her and he kissed her on the top of her head softly. In a few minutes they left to go home so Josh put Adeline in the back seat and went home soon they arrived and Josh went in to Adeline's bed room and Adeline got dressed in to her pjs and she got in to her bed. Josh took her covers and tucked her in bed Adeline looked at him and then she asked him "why did you start crying daddy.. I'm worried". Josh looked at her and he smiled a little and then he said to her "I'm fine baby girl i promise.. I just want you to know that i love you more than anything in the world.. You don't have to worry about me I'm fine.. Now go to sleep and I'll see you in the morning.. I love you". He then kissed Adeline sweetly on the fore head and Adeline said "i will love you forever daddy". Josh looked at her and he smiled and said to her "i will love you forever too baby girl" he then got up and walked out of her bed room closing the door. He the walked in to his bed room and Maxie was already fir bed and she looked at him and she was worried and then she asked "if you don't mind me asking babe.. Wjat did he say to you about Adeline?". Josh sighed and he said "well he said.. First that she was hot and that got under my skin and then he said you tried Donaldson but it is true Adeline is hot and you know what happens she could be raped and killed and that sent me off.. But then it sank in and.. I usually never think about that kind of stuff and losing her.. It just scares me so much". Maxie then cupped his face and said "Josh i know that sounds scary and it is but.. I don't think that will happen.. What evere he says doesn't mean anything". Josh smiled and said "your right" she smiled and then kissed him sweetly om her lips then he got ready for bed and soon they fell a sleep.

A/N an update ❤ sorry for not updating Forbbiden love I'm a little bit on a writers block on it