Chapter 35

Adeline woke up as the sun shined in to her face she whined and then streached out opening her eyes and let them adjust to the light she then sat up and looked around it was of course morning and she was hungry so she then got her straw string bag. She then got out what ever she packed and ate it and after she ate it she packed up her blanket and she put her draw string bag on her back. Then she started to walk around Maxie woke up and sighed as the sun shined in her face she then turned around to look at Josh. But he wasn't there so she theb got up and got off of the bed and got her robe and walked out of the bed room. Then she walked down to the living room and she saw Josh on the couch with his head in his hands she then sat down next to him and put her hand on his shoulder. She then said "is there any news on Adeline" Josh then looked at her and he sighed and said "no nothing.. I already miss her so much". A tear slipped from his eye and Maxie then said "i know babe.. I know it's hard for you and me but they are going to keep on trying so hard to find her". Josh then said "i just hope that she will be okay and safe because.. I don't want anything to happen to her". Maxie then said "i know i do too" Josh then said "sometimes i wonder if I'm doing anything wrong rasing her". Maxie then said "Josh no your an amazing father to Adeline she loves you and she did this because she was scared and didn't know what to do". Josh then said "but she ran away and didn't even let me get the chance to get things right she just.. Up and left". He got up and then he said "i have to go and talk to my mother okay is that alright with you?". Maxie then said "yes of coursw what ever you need Josh" Josh then said "thanks for understanding.. I love you". Maxie smiled and said "i love you too babe" then Josh walked out of the house Maxie sighed as he left she knew that this is hard for Josh because it is his daughter.

His own daughter ran away Maxie felt bad and lost as Josh did too and Adeline is going to be her daughter and she wants her to be in there wedding. She then got up and went in to the kitchen and she started to cook some breakfast for her Josh soon arrived at Lisa's place and so he parked his car in her drive way and locked his car and walked up to her door and knocked on it. He waited for her to answer the door and once she did she looked and said "hey sweetie come on in". Josh then walked in and they walked in to the living room Josh sat down on the couch and Lisa sat down next to him. She looked at him and she knew thay he is completely devastated she then said "has there been any updates on Adeline?". Josh sighed and then he said "no there hasn't been anything" Lisa knew that this is hard on him she knows her son this will be bothering him until he gets any news or they find her. She put her hand on his back rubbing it Josh then said "did i do anything wrong mama? I mean she ran away and didn't give me a chance to settle the situation at her school.. I mean i just don't want anything to happen to her". Lisa looked at him and she then said "no you didn't do anything wrong honey she just doesn't know better she is just a little girl who is scared and doesn't know what to do.. You know the police will try everything they can do to try to find her right?". Josh then said "yeah but.. It's just.. So difficult knowing that she is out there and she could get hurt and could be in danger.. My little girl is out there some where lost and possible scared.. Who knows i may never see her again". That thought scared him more than anything in the world Lisa looked at him and then she said "Josh don't say that just believe that you will you know that Adeline is a very strong little girl.. She has beaten cancer and you know that she loves you". Josh then said "but why did she run away she could have just talk to me she would usually do that when she needs help".

Lisa then said "i can't answer that Josh but she will make it through this" Josh then said "i hope so" Lisa then said "do you want me to go looking for her down my street and neighborhood?". He looked at her and he then said "can i acutally do it?" Lisa then said "yeah so I'll see you after you look". Josh then said "okay" then Josh got up and he then went to go and find her Adeline was walking and she then heard something or someone behind her and she turned around but didn't see anything. She backed up and then saw something running after her and she jumped and started to run droping her straw string bag not even noticing. As she was running she saw a clearing and so she ran through the clearning and ran on to the street. Until she heard a car and she looked and gasped as she saw a car driving towards her. She stood there and the tires on the car squelled she closed her eyes but didn't feel anything so she then opened her eyes and saw thw car swing sideways and it has almost so close to hitting her but it didn't. She sighed in relief and started to cry and said as she sat down on the road "i want my daddy.. I want to go home". She didn't know where she was Josh drove down the road until he saw someone run in the street he did his insticed slamming on the breaks and turning the car and once he stopped he started to catch his breath as he was worried that he almost ran over someone. He then got up from his car and he heard crying it sounded like Adeline he then looked and there was Adeline on the ground crying. Saying "i want my daddy.. I want to go home" he then said "Addy" he ran over to her she heard him and said "daddy". Josh got down on his knees and he hugged her and she hugged him back crying. Josh felt relived tears filled his eyes as he hugged her. He almost ran her over but he glad he acted quickly a tear slipped from his eye and then he pulled out of the hug and Josh looked at her and she looked at him sniffling a little.

Josh then said to her "Adeline don't you ever run away ever again i was scared to death i thought that i would lose you.. Do you promise me that you won't ever do it again?". Adeline shook her head yes and said "yes daddy i promise". Josh then hugged her and he said "i love you" she then said "i love you too daddy" then they pulled out of the hug. Then Josh buckled Adeline in his car and he got in and called Lisa and tell her that he found her and that he will go home. He then also called the police and told them and they made sure she was safe and he said yes. After he got those calls out of the way he then drove to his house and once he got there Adeline and Josh got out of the car and walked up to the front door. Then they walked in and Maxie heard the door opened and closed so she walked out of the kitchen and she sighed in relief that Josh has found Adeline. Adeline then ran over to her saying "mommy" they then hugged each other and Maxie said "thank god that your alright". Josh smiled a little as they hugged each other then they pulled out of the hug and Maxie said "can i make you something to eat? Are you hungry sweet heart?". Adeline then said "yes mommy would you please I'm hungry" she smiled and said "okay". As they walked in to the kitchen Josh followed them and then he said "and Adeline.. You have to understand that you will be punished for running away like that okay.. So that means that you won't be able to go over to Lexi's house are be able to watch tv okay.. Do you understand young lady?". Adeline looked at him and she put her head down in shame and she said "yes sir". Josh usually doesn't discipline her like this but he knows that he has to or she will possibly do it agian and he doesn't want it to happen again. Josh then said "that's great" after Maxie made her some food for Adeline to eat she gave it to her on the kitcheb table then Adeline started to eat her food. Maxie looked at him and then Josh walked out of the kitchen Maxie then followed him.

Maxie looked at Josh and he turned around and whispered to her "do you think that i was a little bit to hard on her?". Maxie looked at him and said "no of course not she needs to know what she did was so wrong and bad.. You need to show her that there are consequences for when she does something that she is nit supposed to". Josh then sighed and said "your right.. I don't want her to become what my cousin turned out to be". Maxie looked at him and she knew about that story because Lisa told her and then she said "i do too" he looked at her and smiled and she did too. Then they sat down on the couch in the living room and soon Josh and Maxie is getting ready for bed. Then they heard "daddy?" Josh then turned around and looked at her and said "yes baby". She then said tearfully "I'm so sorry for running away.. I never ment to scare you or mommy i just didn't know what to do". She started to cry Josh then went over to her and he then bent down and hugged her she hugged him back and he said "shh.. I understand baby and thanks for the apology.. But just understand that that won't lift your punishment okay.. Do you understand?". They pulled out of the hug and Adeline looked at him and said "yes sir i understand". Josh smiled and then he said "let me go tuck you in to bed" then Josh and Adeline went to her room. Once they got there Adeline got on her bed and then Josh took her covers and tucked her in. He then kissed her on the temple and said "good night Addy i love you" Adeline smiled and said "good night i love you too daddy". Josh smiled and then Josh left her bed room and then he and Maxie got in to their bed and soon fell a sleep.

A/n: here is an update 😁