25: Art Gallery Date

Shen Yue's POV

I was reading a few emails in my office when I get a text message.

Date this afternoon around 1 pm I asked if I could get out earlier to go on this date with you. Also I have something I want to give you.

I smile, of course I'd go on a date with him.. what kind of question was that.

Yes, of course , do you want to meet at the house.

I immediately get a reply back from him.

Yes baby.

I check the time... 12:20 pm. It was almost time. I quickly sign off my computer and put on sleeping mode.

Suddenly I feel self conscious with what I'm wearing.

But then I realize I'm stressing myself out for no reason

But then I realize I'm stressing myself out for no reason.. what I was wearing was perfectly fine.. why was I so worried..

I dial his number.

"Hey Moon", he greets me.

"So suddenly I'm feeling weird and forgot to ask... is this a fancy date or casual..?"

I hear him chuckle "Moon... you could wear the simplest outfit and I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off you, you're so stunning even when you don't try, I'm sure what you're wearing is fine"

My cheeks burn up. I'm blushing now and he isn't even in front of me ... God I could die.

I'm so glad he isn't seeing how red I must look because I wouldn't know what to do if he saw me..

"You're too good to me", I tell him.

" see you soon", he says and then hangs up.

I open the drawer of something I had gotten us a few days ago that I really wanted to give him.. and make sure to put inside my bag.

I leave my office and head home to go meet Dylan for our date.

~

I'm finally home and when I get there.. I see my son and Willa sitting there painting and when sees me he smiles.

"Mommy!!, have fun on your date!", he tells me and then goes back to painting his drawing.

"Have fun , Diyue or Dyshen.. ehhh either one works honestly, I just totally ship , you two", Willa says.

Dylan gives me a puzzled look and I just shrug and mouth to him... "I'll explain it later"

He grabs my hand I his and intertwines them.

I loved holding hands ... I felt so safe and protected.