42: Second Chance

Dylan's POV

I go inside the hut where Shen Yue was safe along with my kids.

Lunar follows behind me..

Shen Yue gives me a look and then I only smile.

I'll explain later , I mouth to her and she only nods.

"Daddy!!!", Jay runs up to me and causes me to fall and he clings onto me like his life depended on it.

"Hey son, I told you I'd be okay", I hug and shower him in kisses.

Jay looks up and sees Lunar standing there and he gives him an icy look.

"Dad , why is he here?", Jay asks coldly.

"How about we all sit down and I explain what happened , my big brother deserves a second chance"

Shen Yue nods.

~

I go on explaining to them what happened during the battle , Of course I say I kept as PG as possible for the sake of my son.

and by the end of me explaining Jay attacks Lunar in a hug.

"Uncle Lunar, I'm sorry you were neglected and unloved, but you have us now, and I'll be sure to make sure you're loved, okay?", Jay assures Lunar.

Lunar embraces Jay and his features soften and he looks much brighter than before.

"I'm sorry about your father Kido,I never intended him to die.. And I'm sorry to you", he looks over Shen Yue.

"I almost hurt you and your son only for revenge... I was stupid.. I'm sorry about your ex", Lunar says bluntly.

"How about we all start over , we all been through... cover your ears Jay", Shen Yue tells Jay and Jay does.

"We've all been though shit , and I'm sorry that happened to you, a mother should never do something as fucked up as that"

Shen Yue removes Jay's hands from his ears and Jay happily runs up to me and grabs my hand.

"Daddy can we go to the lake outside and watch the stream with Auntie Moonlight ?", Jay asks me and I nod.

Then we leave and we leave Shen Yue alone with my brother.

As I'm outside I see Caesar and My sister speaking to my Aunt.

When they see me they stop speaking.

"Hey, Dylan, I'm going to go inside.. I heard from Moonlight your brother has explaining to do and deserves a second chance even though he was shithead, I'll give him one but it'll take time for me to warm up to him", River says.

"Come baby.. lets go , we should hurry this quick , you must be tired from that long walk you insisted on taking over here", Caesar grabs her hand in his.

And puts his hand protectively on her waist.

~

Shen Yue's POV

"You mean you were neglected by your own mother when she found out you were with child?", Lunar asks.

I nod. "I only speak to my father , my mom and I haven't spoken in quite some time"

"Don't you want her to meet your kids? And even the man your engaged to?, maybe she regrets calling you those things..", Lunar points out.

Next to him River nods agreeing.

"I think that too", Caesar butts in.

"It's not my place since we've hardly spoken but , maybe you'll want her there on your wedding day"