44: Wu Wedding

Dylan's POV

The wedding was three days later and everyone got everything ready quickly.

With the help of Auntie Moonlight everything was set up.

"Lunar , I didn't want to necessarily ask you this because I didn't want to offend you but did you kill my father?", I bluntly ask him as I fix my tie.

He shakes his head. "I had nothing to do with that , Dylan, he was slaughtered by some Gallieons.. unfortunately, I hope when I rule I can really make a difference in their ways.."

I smile. "You will, you're already proven your worthy and it's only been a few days"

Caesar comes in nervously. "Dylan as my best man tell me the truth , do I look good? , am I even worthy of marrying your sister?!"

"Hey , you need to chill , of course you are , there's no other man I'd want by her side than you, you're so good to her and your daughter.. Wu Meili", I assure him.

"Where is my beautiful niece anyway?", I ask him.

"With her mom.. Yue and Moonlight are with her , getting ready... your sister isn't one to have many friends so she asked Yue , to be her maid of honor", Caesar explains.

"Are you sure I'm in worthy of marrying her?", Caesar easily says and gulps.

I pay him in the back.

"Calm down, breathe"

"I'll try to, I want everything to be perfect especially if I'm marrying the woman of my dreams"

~

A little later we're standing there and my sister and Caesar are exchanging vows as Shen Yue is carrying our niece.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, there's no one better than you, you're my soulmate baby, and the fact we made a product of our love that's present right now in our wedding.. I love you so much", Caesar says to River.

River wipes the tears away.

"Caesar to be honest , you've put up with some much from me, I remember I use to hate you when you came over to come hang with my little brother, you were the annoying best friend of Dylan nothing more.. and then one day I came home drunk as hell because I was heartbroken and you stayed there to take care of me and be there for me , even though Dylan said he wouldn't be coming home, I had told you I hated you and you told me "you deserve love , and the fact that your guard is because you haven't been with a real man that shows you with love is", you showed me what is , and no more than ever, You And Meili are my whole world", Caesar pulls her into a hug and then embraces her.

"We do , we take each other for as long as we live", Caesar says for them both.

And then they kiss.

"I now pronounce you as husband and wife", Moonlight says and then shrugs.

After they pull away they put the rings on one another and embrace each other tightly.

Moon comes over to me holding Meili.

"This wedding was so beautiful , it made me emotional", Shen Yue voice slightly breaks.

I wipe the tears from her eyes. "Aw my baby is getting emotional"

"I'd blame it on the pregnancy hormones but I've always been a sucker for sappy romantic stuff"

I hug her. "Let's go to the reception"

Yue hands Meili to her parents.

I grab her hand in mine and soon a little hand grabs my other hand.

"Let's go now dad"

~

The reception is filled with music and then soon the father-daughter dance is replaced by me dancing with River.

River and I sway to the song meant for her to dance with my father.

River hugs me tightly and begins sobbing.

"It hurts so bad Dylan , he died , I didn't even know until a week ago.. I thought he was just kept a prisoner and although we had our share of disagreements , he was still our father"

"Trust me I know, he may have no been the best dad but we shared moments where I for sure knew he didn't hate me", I tell her.

"You're the best brother I could ever ask for , Dylan", She kisses my cheek.

"And you are the best sister ever, you raised me.. and you didn't have to do that, you believed in me when no one did and now I'm the happiest I've ever been and even going to be a dad, thank you", I thank her.

I look over at the DJ and he nods.

I let go of my sister and then walk over to the DJ and he hands me a microphone.

"This song is for you sis, thanks for everything", I say and then clear my throat and the beat starts.

If you make the same mistakes, I will love you either way
All I know is I can't live without you
There is nothing I can say that will change you anyway
Darling, I could never live without you
I can't live, I can't live, no, no", I look at River.

She looks at me and gives me a weak smile and then she cries.

And then I finish singing the song.

"I love you big sis", she walks over and pulls me into a hug.

~

The wedding goes on and soon Caesar and River are being sent off to their honeymoon.

"Please take good care of her Auntie Moonlight", River kisses Meili.

"Don't worry , she'll be fine", she assures her.

Caesar than showers Meili with many kisses.

"I love you my sweet Meili, mommy and I are going away but we'll be back soon, okay?", he uses his baby voice.

And then Meili smiles and giggles.

For a baby that was two weeks old she was really smart and knew she being spoken to.

Especially when her parents were talking to her she always had the biggest smile on her little face.

Shen Yue hugs me.

"Dylan, it feels good to not have to worry about anything anymore and that everything is falling into place"

"Also I caught the bouquet"

My eyes widen. "When did that happen?"

"When you ran off to the restroom .. guess were next huh?",

I nod... Indeed we were next.

Runaway (Diyue AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें