Calling In Sick//Reggie Mantle

You sat curled up on your couch watching whatever stupid show was playing on weekday tv. You had a cough and a little bit of a stuffy nose so you stayed home from school seeing as the medicine your mom was making you take, made you drowsy and you did not want to be caught falling asleep in class. The rainy weather Riverdale has had after a huge cold spell made your sinuses go insane. The doorbell went off making you groan because you had to get up. Grabbing a tissue to wipe your nose, you walked over to open the door.

"Well hello, beautiful." your boyfriend joked.

"I look amazing, huh?" you said giving him a model post.

"Front cover ready." he kissed your forehead as he walked in shutting the door behind him.

"What're you doing here, Reg?" you asked following him into the living room.

"Veronica told me you were skipping because you were sick so i'm skipping because you're sick." he explained like it was obvious. You chuckled returning back to your previous position on the couch as Reggie began pulling things out of his bag.

"I brought more tissues because i know how runny your nose gets, i also brought all of your homework and assignments for the next two days and all of the books your gonna need," he placed the tissues on your laps and a stack of papers and books on the coffee table, "i also brought some food from Pop's but i wasn't sure if you just had a cold or a stomach ache, so i only got us fries to munch on. I can cook you something later if you get really hungry. I got more of the medicine your mom said you were taking cause she mentioned you were almost out and i brought one of my hoodies to keep you warm."

"You're the sweetest, Reg. thank you!" you gave him a giant hug to which he returned. When you pulled away, you grabbed the hoodie and put it over your head, immediately being engulfed by your boyfriends usual scent which made you happy. He handed you the fries and you began munching as he grabbed the remote, flipping through the channels. You scooted closer to him, resting your head on his shoulder as he threw his arm over yours and pulling your closer.

"I appreciate the hell out of you, Reggie." you said with a mouth full of fries.

"Do you appreciate me or those fries?" he chuckled. You sent him a look before returning your attention to the tv as Reggie put on some cartoons.

The whole day Reggie catered to your every need, though you argued that you weren't all that sick. Just a cough and stuffy nose. He wasn't having it though so you never moved from the couch unless you needed to use the restroom.

-

The hours past, much to yours and Reggie's knowledge as you laid cuddled on the couch. Only noticing what time it was when your mother walked through the door after work.

"Well hello you two." she said as she walked into the living room.

"Hey mom! Reggie skipped because i was sick." you chuckled.

"Don't do that tomorrow, young man. Your grades are just as important as hers, but thank you for bringing her assignments." she said motioning to the stack of school work on the coffee table.

"No problem at all, Mrs. y/l/n." he gave her a smile.

"Are you staying for dinner, Reggie?" she asked.

"Might as well."

Your mom nodded head before walking into the kitchen to get dinner ready, while you and Reggie continued your show and cuddles session on the couch.

"Don't you have practice tonight?" you asked turning your head to look at Reggie who shrugged in response.

"Eh, i'll just call in sick." he said sending you a playful smile.