Panic Attack//Sweet Pea

You sat alone at the lunch table waiting for your other serpents to join you. You looked around cautiously watching the people around you being the new kids yet alone the serpents at Riverdale High had put quite a target on your back and with your anxiety issues you had tried to avoid it all. Funny right a Serpent with anxiety if anyone actually knew you would be the laughing stock of everyone. You were pulled out of your thoughts as your chair was kicked moving you slightly almost making you fall out of your chair. You looked up to meet the eyes of multiple bulldogs Reggie Mantle leading the “pack”.

“Oh look guys the left the littlest serpent alone” Reggie laughed amused as he leaned closer “So Y/N, they took you in as a pity thing or do they use you to get their dicks wet cause if you are ever looking for a real man I can show you a better time” he winked at you.

A look of disgust crossed over your face. You will not let him win.

“Fuck off Reggie Leave! Me! Alone!”

Reggies amused look didn’t leave his face “OH! She speaks! C’mon baby we can go into the hall closet that would probably be the nicest place anyone has taken you.” Reggie placed his hand on the small of your back.

You felt your chest tighten at his touch, his words you could get by but the touch set you off. Your breathing came out in short breaths as you tried to suck in as much air as you could no words escaping you as you jumped up tears silently falling you kept your head down as you ran to the nearest empty space. You pushed people out of the way not realizing Fangs and Sweet Pea had just walked in they exchanged a worried look when you pushed them out of the way.

“I’ve got her, you got that asshole?” Sweet Pea bit out through clenched teeth as he watched Reggie throw his head back in laughter.

Fangs nodded as Sweet Pea left the cafeteria running after you. He found you huddled outside under the school bleachers.

He slowly made his way over to you not wanting to startle you. Your knees were up as your arms were wrapped around them and your head buried so no one could see you. He could hear your short shallow breaths.

“Y/N?” Sweet Pea sat down next to you gently placing his hand on your knee.

“Y/N, c’mon count with me .. One.” Sweet Pea started.

He heard a quiet breathy one come from you.

“Good, two,” he waited hearing you repeat him “Three”

“Three your voice came out a little stronger as you brought your head up to look at him. He smiled at you placing his arm around you to pull you into his side, your head laid on his shoulder.  

“I’m here for you okay, please don’t cry” Sweet Pea whispered into your hair he finished counting until your breathing steadied out.

“Thanks Pea” you mumbled still laying against him.

“Don’t thank me Y/N, you are my girlfriend don’t feel like you have to hide anything from me.”

You nodded. “I just for the longest time have had this fear of people touching me when I don’t want it, there was an incident when I was younger…” you trailed off taking a deep breath as Sweet Pea tensed beside you afraid of the words that were going to spill out of your mouth. “Nothing happened my dad walked in before anything could really happen but I’ve had anxiety ever since.”

Sweet Pea released the breath he didn’t even know he was holding.

You closed your eyes not wanting to be out of his arms. “But I’ve never told you that before, I always find an excuse to leave to handle it on my own afraid of what you would think. I love you and I don’t want you to have to love a broken girl.”

Sweet Pea kissed the top of your head again tightening his grip pulling you closer to him.

“You don’t have to hide anything baby I won’t love you any less let me help you from now on okay?”

You mumbled a quick yes before getting up Sweet Pea following you.

“Alright let’s go handle some mutts.” Sweet Pea bitterly spat out taking your hand making sure you knew he wasn’t letting you go.