Runnin' down a dream//Jughead Jones

Warnings: Language, steamy make-out session

Summary: After a rough couple of days, Jughead just wants to disappear on his motorcycle for a bit. And he wants you to join him.

You strolled up to FP’s place with your hands deep in the pockets of the blue zip up sweatshirt you had stolen from Jughead. Just as you were about to climb the steps, you heard Jug yelling.

“Fine! But you better be gone when I get back!”

He opened the door of the trailer and let it slam behind him. With his eyes cast down, he stormed down the steps, almost running into you.

“(Y/N). Hey.” He seemed to cool down when he saw you, but his shoulders were still tense and his lips remained in a fine line.

“Everything okay?” you asked.

He rolled his eyes. “Yeah, it’ll be fine.” He sighed, his stance relaxing. “Did we have plans today?”

“Uh, no, but I just thought I’d… after yesterday with everything going on I just-“

“I’m glad you’re here,” he said, lifting your chin with his thumb and forefinger and kissing you. “I was gonna go for a ride, you wanna join me?” he asked tilting, his head to his motorcycle that was parked a few feet away.

“Um…” You looked at the bike like it was a deathtrap. A deathtrap that Jug always looked really good riding. And you knew Jug would keep you safe and there was obviously something still upsetting him.

“I know you haven’t been on it yet, but I got an extra helmet for you if you wanted to-”

“Yeah, let’s go,” you said.

“Really?” he said, excitement dancing in his wide eyes.

You nodded and pulled him toward the bike.

He gave you the helmet that had a crown etched into the front. You tried to hand it back, “This one’s yours.”

“Now it’s yours.”

You smirked and strapped it on while he pulled his leather jacket off the seat of the bike. “And take this, I don’t want you to be cold.”

You raised your eyebrows and gestured to his thin t-shirt. “You’re gonna freeze.”

“Well, someone keeps stealing all my sweatshirts.”

You stuck out your chin and grinned sweetly at him. “They’re so comfy,” you sang.

He took another step toward you and pulled on the zipper of the sweatshirt you were wearing. “Can I borrow this one just for today?” he teased.

“I guess,” you groaned playfully, spinning out of it and shrugging on Jug’s leather jacket.

He took you in with something close to lust dancing in his eyes. “You look good as a biker.”

“Oh, yes, I’m as tough as they come,” you said.

He laughed at you and helped you get situated on the back part of the bike. You closed your knees around the seat, scared you’d slip right off the end.

“No, don’t touch those,” he said, grabbing your inner thigh and pulling your leg away from the chrome. “Those get hot.”

“Good-good to know,” you fumbled, pulling against the strap resting under your chin.

His hand slid away and he mounted the bike in front of you. You looked around underneath you. “No seatbelts, huh?”

He leaned into you and brought your hands in front of him. “These are your seatbelts.” He fastened your arms tightly around him and you rested your chin on his shoulder.