Just friends//Fangs Fogarty

Fangs and I had been friends for as long as I could remember. I had known Fangs, Sweet Pea, and Toni for years. We all spend every waking moment together whether we were going out or just laying in my living room watching a movie.

“Fangs!” I shouted from the shower.

“Yes Y/N?” He asked, peeking his head inside the steamy bathroom.

I popped my head outside of the shower curtain. “Can you grab me some clean towels? I forgot to grab some before I got in.” I said, pouting my bottom lip.

“Y/NNNNN, do I have to?” Fangs whined.

I hummed, pulling my head back into the shower. “Well, the others are going to be here soon and if I don’t have towels, I guess I’ll have to walk down the hallway naked..”  I trailed off, hearing the door slam and Fangs running down the hallway.

By the time I was finished with my shower, the towels were sitting on the counter. I stepped out of the shower, wrapping myself in the towel, and walking to my bedroom to get ready. I dry off my body and put on a pair of black leggings with a long sleeve, black v-neck top, and a pair of red, heeled, thigh high boots. Simply winging my eyeliner and adding some chapstick. I grabbed my bag and serpent jacket, walking into the living room to see Toni, Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Jughead sitting on the couch.

“Hey guys.” I said, walking toward the empty seat next to Fangs.

“Damn Y/N, you’re looking hot.” Sweets says while biting his lip playfully.

“I agree with Sweets.” Toni says winking at me.

I playfully pose, while everyone jokingly whistles at me. I felt Fangs tug on my arm, pulling me down to sit next to him.

“Woah mister, what’s wrong?” I asked, my voice low enough for only him to hear.

“They’re flirting with you…” He said as he grabbed my knee tightly.

“Fangs….. They were just joking.” I leaned in whispering in his ear. “Calm down”

Fangs sighed, standing up. “Let’s go guys.” He walked out the door and the rest of us followed.

The club Fangs took us to was packed. You could barely walk through everyone, people were so close. I walked in with the guys and Toni but somehow ended up with only Sweets by my side.

I turned toward Pea, “Where did everyone go?” I asked, looking around everywhere.

“Well my dear Y/N, Fangs and Jug are already sitting at the bar and Toni appears to be on the dance floor.” Sweets said, pointing to where Fangs and Jughead were sitting at the bar.

“Well Pea, I say we go join Fangs and Juggie, take some shots and then get on that dance floor, so that we can make tonight the best night possible.” I told him, strutting over to the bar and putting my hand down harshly.

“Six shots of Tequila please.” The bartender poured our drinks and Pea and I took them quickly.

I sighed. “Now, who wants to dance with me?” I look at Fangs expectantly but he just continues to look at the drink in front of him, pretending not to hear me.

“I’ll take you to dance Princess.” SP said holding out his hand for me to take.

I took his hand and followed him to the dance floor. The music bumped throughout the building. The crowd of people was so dense, Pea and I could barely get through the crowd. We got to the middle of the crowd, I turned so that my back was facing towards SP and began to dance with him. The song that was playing ended and I turned to face Sweets. He gave me a goofy looking smile, making me smile in return.

“As much as I’ve loved dancing with you and believe me you are extremely attractive, but Fangs hasn’t stopped looking over here since we walked out here.” SP whispered, leaning in toward my ear.

I turned my head quickly to see Fangs looking towards Pea and I. We caught each other’s gaze as Fangs slammed some money on the bar and walked out the front door. I hurried through the crowd to follow him, apologizing to Pea as I left.

I bursted through the door to see Fangs walking down the street, his hands in his jacket pockets. “Fangs! Wait!” I shouted, running as fast as I could in the shoes I was wearing.

Fangs continued his fast pace, until I finally caught up with him.

“What’s your problem?” I asked, pulling him to a stop and so that he was facing me.

“What’s my problem?!” Fangs huffed. “As if you care! You should just go back and dance with Pea.”

I scoffed, folding my arms across my chest. “If I didn’t care Fangs, I wouldn’t have bothered running out here! Now tell me why you’re acting like a jealous boyfriend!”

Fangs scoffed back and turned to walk away. “Whatever.”

This frustrates me so much that I can barely hold back. “There is nothing going on between Sweets and I! And even if there was, you have no right to be jealous! You and I are just friends!” I yell.

Fangs stops in his tracks and turns around with fury and hurt in his eyes. “We are not just friends and you fucking know it!”

My eyes widened in shock. “What do you mean I know it? You have never given me any sort of sign that you wanted to be anything more than friends.” I exclaim.

“Y/N, name another girl that has a key to my trailer or that I let wear my clothes constantly.”

I sighed. “I guess I didn’t really see it that way. I didn’t think that someone like you would like me-” I was cut off by the feeling of Fangs’ lips against mine. I returned the kiss, quite liking how his soft lips felt.

He pulled away slowly. “I didn’t know how to actually tell you how much I like you. So I guess I hoped you would just catch on. But when I saw you dancing with Pea, I couldn’t help but get jealous. I hope you’ll forgive me and give me a chance to show you how much I truly like you.” He breathed.

I took a deep breath, leaning in to kiss him again, and pulling away to whisper. “Does that answer your question?”