Aint My Freinds//Sweet pea

“So, what about Norman?” Veronica pointed to a boy who looked like he had been doing way too much jingle-jangle.

“That’s a definite no, Ronnie.” You giggled as she rolled her eyes and playfully shoved you to the side.

“How do you expect me to find you a guy if you keep declining all of them?” She sighed, dramatically leaning up against the locker next to yours.

“What makes you think I need a guy in my life?” You stated, pulling out your English books.

“Have you seen it?”

“Harsh.” You chuckled, slamming your locker door closed.

“Sorry, (Y/N/N), I just want you to be happy.” 

“And I am happy. Happy being single.” She grimaced at the word as it fell from your lips.

“Single is an ugly word.”

“I can name one thing that’s better about being single.”

“Name it.” She raised a brow, cocked her hips to the side.

“I can look, touch and lick any guy I want. You’re stuck with Archie.” You teased, sticking your tongue out at her.

“Look, Touch and Lick… that's three things.”

“My point exactly Ronnie. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get to class.” You winked, leaving your friend in the middle of the hallway with a surprised looked.

Entering your class, your phone buzzed. A smile coming to your lips as you opened up the message.

From Sweets: “Am I picking you up today, baby?”

To Sweets: “If you would like to, babe.”

From Sweets: “I’ll be there, the same spot as usual.”

To Sweets: “Looking forward to it”

The school day had finally ended, you bid your goodbyes to your friends before making your way to the far side of campus. Finding your boyfriend lending up against his bike and a smile on his face as you came into view.

Once you were in arms reach, you were pulled against him. You were instantly engulfed warmth and the smell of pine. He pulled back, looking over your body.

“Can’t believe I missed getting to see you dressed like this. You look gorgeous.” He pressed a kiss to your lips.

“How was your day?”

“Better now that I have my girl in my arms.” You giggled, tracing over the serpent tattoo on the side of his neck.

“I love you, Sweet Pea.”

“And I love you, baby.” He leaned forward pressing his lips to yours once more. His arms wrapping around your waist as you tangled a hand in his hair.

“(Y/N)?” You jumped away from Pea, staring wide-eyed at Veronica.

“Veronica! Hey!”

“Who’s this?” She gestured to Sweet Pea, who reached to grab your hand.

“This is…my boyfriend. Sweet Pea.”

“The Serpent that beat up Archie?” Her face hardened, as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Ronnie, Archie started that-”

“Are you defending him?! You can’t be serious! These people can’t be trusted.” You face hardened in disbelief as you took a step toward her.

“You don’t even know him! Just because he’s a Serpent, he’s the bad guy? Not all Serpents are bad. You just assumed who they were because of what everyone else said. We didn’t make an assumption about you just because your last name was Lodge.” Sweet Pea briefly smiled, hearing you defend not only him but his family.

“This isn’t about me! This is about you…dating that thing. And if you support him, then I guess we have issues.” She turned and walked off. Leaving you close the verge of tears.

“Baby?” Pea grabbed your hand, looking down at you concerned.

“Can we just go?” Pea nodded, guiding you to his bike.

The next morning, you walked in like nothing had happened. Finding Betty by her locker, you skipped right up to your friend with a bright smile.

“Hey, Bets! What’s up?” You greeted her as she closed her locker door.

“Why?” Your smile fell as you looked at her confused.

“Why what?”

“Why are you dating a Serpent?” She snapped, turning to face you with a serious look.

“I didn’t think it mattered.” There was an awkward pause as Betty slammed her locker shut. 

“It does.”

“But aren’t you dating Jug? Betty, me and you are the same.” Betty’s eyes narrowed, a white-knuckled grip on her textbook.

“But Jug wouldn’t join the Serpents.” She stated matter of factly, her gaze hardening as you scoffed.

“News Flash. He did. He actually just completed his initiation.” Betty’s eyes widened. She opened her mouth to say something as Archie approach the two of you, sneer cast your way.

“(Y/N)! You need to leave! Why don’t you go be with your murdering boyfriend!” His yelling caused traffic in the hallway to come to a halt. 

“Archie-”

“I don’t want to hear it. All you are is just some Serpent Slut.” As the words left Archie’s mouth, your fist collided with his jaw. Sending the ginger boy to the ground. Everyone in the hallway stopped, looking at you and Archie in shock.

“Fuck you, Andrews.” You bit out, as you exited the building. And heading for your car. It didn’t take you long before you found yourself at Southside High. Having been there many times before, it was almost like you were attending the school itself. Walking into the outside courtyard, you quickly found the Serpent table. 

Toni was the first to notice your appearance, tapping Sweet Pea and gesturing behind him. Sweets turned around, his eyes widening as he slipped off his jacket and throwing it over your shoulders and pulled you to the Serpent table.

“(Y/N), what are you doing here?” He noticed the tears gather in your eyes, a few running down your cheeks. Pea’s thumbs gently brushed them away.

“What happened?”

“My friends don’t approve of my relationship with you. Veronica told them and they got mad. I mean, it wasn’t like I was expecting their full support, they just said some hateful things…” You paused, looking away from Pea. Finding the other Serpents were listening in.

“Hateful things?”

“Archie…called me a Serpent Slut.” You whispered, watching as Pea’s eyes widened before hardening with anger. 

“He what?!” He roared, slamming his fist on the table.

“I’m gonna kill him.” He stood, reaching for his keys when you caught his hand.

“Beat you to it.” You raised your bruised hand. The knuckles spattered with black and purple patches. Each Serpent whistled in approval as Pea gently took your hand.

“Damn baby! What did you do?”

“I may have punched Archie.” You blushed in embarrassment, causing Pea to let out a bark of laughter.

“That’s hot.” He pressed a kiss to your knuckles, pulling you against his side lovingly.

“You don’t need them, if they don’t support you then you don’t need it. You’ve got us. You’ve got me.” You tucked your head into his shoulder, pressing a kiss to his tattoo.

“I love you Sweets.” You whispered to him.

“I love you more, (Y/N).” The Serpents let out a series of ‘awhs’. 

“Can-it dim-wits!” Pea shouted before laughing along with you.