Ghost//Jughead Jones

It was a tough week to say the least with your boyfriend Jughead completely skipping the study dates you set. He had asked you out not even a full month ago in a sweet but very Jughead way that you appreciated dearly. Your teacher had put you together for a project that you were steadily doing the project solo and it was a lot of work to do.

You couldn’t believe how you barely saw him anymore with his obsession over the murder of Jason Blossom and he was spending it with Betty Cooper. That made you a little uncomfortable given she was a basket case and obviously mentally unbalanced from the Chuck Clayton incident. Jughead and Betty had gotten together earlier in the year for a month tops before it become glaringly problematic on how different they were. It was insane how little you saw each other when he lived with you. You were emancipated from your parents a year and a half ago and now you could see how it wasn’t that smart to start a relationship with someone you live with. He just didn’t care about you like you cared for him.

To: Jughead👑
From: Y/N
~When are you coming be here?~

To: Y/N
From: Jughead👑
~Can’t make it sorry, info about Jason came up~

You cussed tossing your phone into the table before jumping into the project with concealed anger, you had been working on this damn thing alone since you were given the project. It was near the end of the weekend library hours when you finally finished and you were happy when Val and Josie texted asking if you wanted to go out and you were relieved about it.

To: Josie 🎤🎼
From: Y/N
~Hell yeah!~

The way you had become friends with Josie and her bandmates was amazing and hilarious when you thought back on it. She had been staring at tack cat ear headbands in a cheap store while you were buying a new baking pan.

The girl with beautiful dark skin had a few items in her hands while her eyes were glued to a bunch different kinds of cat ear headbands. A lot of them were cheap plastic where the paint would scrape off quickly.

“The cheetah ones.” You budged in, “They would suit your hair and not over take the attention. They’re more appealing and they don’t look like you’ve been attacked by a child and playing dress up.”

“Why? The pink-“

“Are plastic like those play princess tiaras. The ones that go back to silver within one use, besides the cheetah ones are badass.”

“I like you. I’m Josie McCoy.”

“Y/N Y/L/N.” You said holding your hand out to shake.

“I think we’ll be great friends Y/N.”

You chose comfy clothing that was still suitable for clubbing but still modest enough to not give anyone the impression you were wanting to hook-up. You were smiling when Josie and Val walked into the apartment without knocking, Melody would be waiting in the car.

“Let’s party!” Josie announced throwing her arms around you in excitement,

Val picked up a shirt on a sewing machine in the corner of the small living room. The machine was something you had inherited from your grandmother when her health started to decline. It came in handy with conserving money and making new outfits from old ones. The shirt held by the girl was light navy with cheetah print cat ears exactly like the ones the Pussycats used.

“What are these?” Val questioned carefully looking the shirt over carefully.

“You guys are steadily getting more and more popular as time goes on and I realized you don’t have any merchandise for the band. This is a prototype and one my tablet I have a few other pieces you can look at.” You explained as the two girls huddled around the shirt.