Fake Date//Archie Andrews

You were in deep shit. Your sister’s wedding was coming up in a week and you had yet to find a date. This wouldn’t be a problem, seeing that you were strong and independent, but you had already told your sister you had a date.

You see, your sister was obsessed with your romance life. Ever since she had been going steady with her soon-to-be husband, she had nonstop set you up with anyone in her life who was single. She had set you up with what felt like everybody, from a doctor to a used car salesman.

She always said that life was too short to be lived alone. But honestly, you were happy being single. You never had to rely on someone else, you were always in control of the situation. Plus, it wasn’t like you didn’t have any friends. You had Archie, Veronica, Betty, and Cheryl. They were all you needed.

Your sister would, honestly, rather you not show up to her wedding than you come without a date. That’s why she had been going rapid fire with the set-ups lately. You had lost it when she set you up with a man twenty years older than you who had three children and worked at a toilet paper distributing company. You, out of frustration, had told her you had found a date for her wedding and didn’t need any more blind dates.

But, in reality, you had no date. You just had enough of her asking you how the dates went, and you have to lie saying that you liked the date, but that one little detail threw you off. For example, you told your sister that the date had worn a brown tie and that you hated brown. Which was a lie, but you didn’t have the guts to tell her to back off. Don’t get it wrong, you loved your sister and were happy she cared so much about you, but sometimes you wished she would focus on your accomplishments rather than who your last kiss was.

You were telling your problems to the crew, when Veronica spoke up, “Archie, you should be her date for the wedding.”

“Oh, I couldn’t ask you to do something like that. Weddings can quite long, especially weddings in my family.” You blushed while looking down at your lap. You wouldn’t want to impose.

“Don’t be silly, it wouldn’t be a problem now would it Archikins?” Veronica pressed. She was always a problem solver, and never took no for an answer.

“Yeah, it wouldn’t be a problem. You just have to tell me what color your wearing so I can get a matching tie,” Archie laughed, flashing a cute smile at you.

The day of the wedding had finally come, and you were more nervous about trying to convince your sister that you and Archie were a couple rather than the wedding itself. Beforehand you had informed Archie that your sister thinks that you are dating, and to do couple things like hold hands and be close to each other. Archie had made a cheeky comment about kissing each other, but you just laughed it off.

It was going better than you had expected. The ceremony was beautiful and it brought tears to your eyes. Even if your sister was in your business a lot, you were happy for her and her now husband. One day you hoped to be as happy as she is.

But now came the hard part. Before all you and Archie had done was walk in and sit down to watch the ceremony. Archie had his hand in your lap the whole time, he was playing the part of boyfriend very well.

But now it was time for the reception. You and Archie took your seats at the table and waited for the food to be brought out. While you did, your sister drilled you with questions about Archie.

“So, how long have you two been dating?” Your sister inquired.

You both looked at each other and stumbled a little before he sputtered, “Three months.”

“Oh wow, I haven’t heard much about your relationship. When did you have your first kiss together?” She questioned you for what seemed like hours on your fake relationship with Archie. You had to admit, after a few questions, Archie was getting good at answering the questions. It was almost as if you had been dating, and he was just telling the truth.

When your sister and her husband had their first dance, it took your breath away. They were a match made in heaven, and you aspired to be in a relationship like theirs one day. But now it was time for all the bridesmaids to dance with their dates and the bride and groom.

You and Archie got up from your seats and made your way over to the dance floor. They started playing the slow song your sister had picked out and you and Archie began to dance in sync with the other couples. With Archie’s hands on your lower back, he led you during the dance.

“Our story is pretty epic, you know. How I asked you out under the stars by the river and our first kiss was to your favorite song after we talked all night about our dreams,” Archie laughed, looking into your eyes.

“Yeah, it’s almost like it actually happened,” You giggled looking down at your feet then back up to his face.

Archie’s eyes flickered down to your lips for a split second, but you caught it. You bit your lip while you blushed at Archie’s hand slowly making their way down your curves.

“You know, it could be real,” Archie said nervously, “like the story we made up. We could make it into a reality, only if you wanted to of course.”

“Did the Archie Andrews just ask me out?” You asked pretending to be shocked.

Archie laughed and looked around. He made eye contact with your sister who was watching you like a hawk.

You saw who he was looking at, and decided to really make your sister think you were a couple. You wrapped your hands in his hair before pulling him down into a deep kiss. The kiss was intimate, but not sexually. It was the kind of kiss where the whole room melted away and all that was left was the two of you.

The song ended and it turned into a faster song forcing you to either start dancing faster or to sit down. You pulled away from Archie and pulled him closer to the DJ. You started to dance like you would if you were at the club, with your back pressed against Archie’s front moving your body to the beat of the music.

Archie had turned you around and brought you in for a kiss. This one was different from the other one though. This kiss had more urgency behind it. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you flush against him.

The rest of the night was a blast. You and Archie danced all night long. A couple of times you took your eyes off Archie, you saw your sister looking at you smiling. She was just happy that you were finally having a good time and not acting nervous.

“You know, Arch, you’re a real lifesaver,” You looked up at the confused boy, “You saved me from all the horrible dates my sister would’ve put me through if I had to tell her we weren’t a couple.”

He smirked as he leaned down to whisper in your ear, “I can think of a couple ways you could repay me.”