Riot Night//Reggie Mantle

Reggie imagine where it’s on the night of the riot and Reggie is hiding and scared and he calls the reader along with Archie and they all go to Pops and try to figure things out and then the Goulhies come and they hide and the reader is scared and Reggie comforts and protects her.

You rushed into Pop’s looking in almost a panic for your boyfriend, Reggie who called you upset and freaking out.

“y/n!” he called standing up from a booth and walking over to you engulfing you in a tight hug. You wrapped your arms around his neck breathing out a sigh of relief.

“Sweet Pea is on a mission to smear your blood all over Riverdale, Reggie. What did you do?!” you exclaimed when you pulled away.

“I know, okay. I know that but you have to believe me when i say i didn’t do it. I didn’t shoot Fangs.” he pleaded.

“Why would he think you shot Fangs?” you asked.

“I was there. At the Sheriffs station and i had a gun, but i didn’t shoot him. Mrs. Klump did.”

“You had a gun?! What the hell did you plan on doing with it?” you yelled. Thankfully you two were the only ones inside Pop’s beside Pop who was off in the back somewhere.

“Hiram. He put my up to it i’ll explain later but Archie is on his way and i have to hide until the Serpents calm down.” he said grabbing your hand in his.

“They won’t touch you, Reg. Jughead is on it.”

Archie showed up moments later and the three of you sat in a booth talking about what to do next. You held Reggie’s hand in your lap as he explained to Archie what Hiram had put him up to and telling him that Veronica found Mrs. Klump in hysterics and she confessed to shooting Fangs.

Moments later there was yelling coming from outside and the sound of glass breaking and the revving of engines.

“They’re here for me.” Reggie said with a solid look on his face ready to take on whichever Serpent walked through the door. Archie called Jughead who just said he finally got all of the Serpents rounded up and back to the Wyrm.

“So if you guys are there, then who the hell is at Pop’s?” he said looking at you and Reggie, all three of you sharing the same look. You peeked through the blinds catching a glimpse of Malachai, the Ghoulie leader.

“We’re in trouble. Tell Juggie the Ghoulies are back.” you looked over at Reggie as fear coursed through your body. He slid out of the booth, pulling you with him while yelling for everyone else to get away from the windows. Archie and Moose pushed the juke box in front of the door after locking it. Everyone getting up and hiding under the booths to shield themselves from the glass that shattered from the windows as the Ghoulie’s threw various items through it.

You let out a scream when the window above you shattered, covering your head with your arms. Reggie slid over to you, pulling you into him to make sure nothing would hit you.

“It’s alright, baby. I got you. Just stay close to me.” he said kissing the top of your head. Your body began to shake with fear as you heard the yelling getting closer.

“Hey, look at me,” Reggie said cupping your face in his hands, “nothing is going to happen to you, okay. I’m staying right here with you. Sheriff Keller and Mr. Andres are on their way with guns but as soon as they see Sheriff’s car, they’ll leave. Okay, nothing is going to happen. Just breath.” he told you. You nodded your head hiding back into his chest as more glass broke above you. Soon everyone was shouting in relief as Keller, FP and Mr. Andrews walked through the door. Reggie stood up, helping you out from under the booth, brushing the loose glass off of your jacket.

“Take me home, Reggie. That was enough excitement for one night.” you said feeling exhaustion taking over. He nodded and lead you out to his car, driving off to his house where he held you until you fell asleep