New Beginnings//Sweet pea

In honor of season three I decided to share this idea I had for an imagine. It’s been running through my mind ever since Sweet Pea was brought into the show and I hope you guys enjoy!

Sweet Pea x fem!Reader

Warnings: mentions of violence (know I do not condone any acts of abuse, nor is that what I was trying to convey in this imagine)

Summary: The reader is finally reader to become a Serpent. But for her that meant not succumbing to a “normal” initiation meant for the girls.

“Yeah and who’s gonna stop me” you say pulling your shirt above your head, wincing at your pain coming from your bandaged hand.

“Me. I’m going to stop you. Look you’re strong babe I get that, you don’t have to remind me. But you can’t go through with this I mean seriously look at your hand”, Sweet Pea paced around the room you two shared seemingly annoyed by the fact that he can’t seem to get to you.

Two nights ago you completed the initiation task of retrieving the knife, you showed no fear as the snake bit your hand. This is what you wanted and you had to live with that. You grew up on the Southside up until you were about 7, from there your father, a highly respected member of the serpents, uprooted you and the rest of your family to greendale. He wasn’t ashamed of the Serpents, they were his family too he just felt it wasn’t the best place to raise you and your sibling. You didn’t mind though in your heart you knew where you belonged. That’s why it was so easy for you to move back when you were 15. Your father had passed 3 years before you made the decision to move back, and mother completely understood your decision. You were to stay in your fathers old trailer, under the condition that your best friend Toni stayed with you. That’s when you first met Sweet Pea, you two completed each other, made each other better people. That’s why it hurts him so much, what you are doing now, and at 17 you were finally ready to be a true serpent.

“Look Sweet Pea I have to do this for me, and you need to understand that. I know it’s scary but just trust me when I tell you this is what I want. I mean could you imagine me doing the Serpent dance it’s degrading. As I woman I just can’t do that to myself, so this is my only other option” you huff petting hotdog on the head, that part of your initiation still wasn’t over.

Sweet Pea sits on the bed next to you face hurried into his hands. For as long as you two had been together dealing with his feelings wasn’t his strong suit, and right now he’s just trying to compose himself enough to get through to you even though he knows he can’t. You hated to see him like this but what were you going to do, it was your time to finally be a Serpent, not only that but it was your chance to prove yourself as strong as the men that surrounded you.

“Baby look at me, seriously Pea look at me.” You took Pea’s hands in yours as you run your small fingers over his knuckles. “I can do this. I’m going to get hurt I know that, trust me I know what could happen. But you have to believe in me Sweets I can do this I promise”. Barely noticeable tears start to form in your eyes as you look towards the one person that has grown to mean more to you than anything.

“I know you can do this (y/n). Sweet Pea turns his head away from you not wanting you to truly see him. “Then what’s truly bothering you Pea, it’s not like it’s going to be you standing in that line.” You feign a smile immediately turned away by what you had just come to realize.

Sweet Pea is looking at you now and you finally understand what he was feeling. You were wrong, he wold be in that line. In fact he would be at the end of the line of people throwing punches at you at your final initiation, he was for everyone else and you were no exception. Rules couldn’t be bent for you, even if you wanted them to. Every standing member of the Serpents had to be there, including your boyfriend. You had been so caught up in the idea of your initiation that you failed to realize what you were asking Sweet Pea to do.

You two sat in silence for what felt like hours, and for the first time during this whole ordeal you turn towards the window and realize how dark it is outside. That meant only one thing, that it was time for the final part of your initiation.

The final part of your initiation took part just in a small clearing behind Sunny side trailer park, the walk was short but it felt like an eternity with Sweet Pea refusing to meet your gaze. His feelings would have to be pushed into the back of your mind for now. This was your moment, you needed this for you, you could only hope that it wouldn’t effect you and Pea in the end.

On either side of you there is a line of Serpents ready to show you no mercy. You asked them not to, you didn’t want any special treatment just because you were a girl, and in truth it almost felt empowering, you had come so far. That moment left you just as fast it arrived, for at the end of the line was Sweet Pea. His eyes met yours momentarily as he pulled away not wanting to give away his obvious signs of worry.

You start walking. Blow after blow, and you’re still standing. This is it, you’re at the end of the line stating up at the boy you sweared on everything you loved. It hurt him. You hurt him. And no pain from this imitation would hurt worse than what the two of you were about to share. “It’s ok Sweets, I can handle it” you feign a small smile, and with that another blow comes to meet you at your torso. You stumble, but you never fall. Now you’re standing as Sweets rushes to your side. Everyone looks at you in pure amazement as you have done what no other female has done before.

Proudly, FP walks up to holding your brand new Serpent jacket. “You know (y/n) you should be proud of yourself” his voice raises “We should all be proud of (y/n) for showing the Serpents that there is nothing we can’t withstand for the sake of this family, because that is what we are, we are family!” And with that it’s all over, you were officially a Serpent.

Sweet Pea practically carries you back inside of his trailer as he lays you down on his bed. He grabs a first aid kit from the bathroom. You had left a kit there from one of the many times you had to patch Sweet Pea up after a fight.

“You know you’re pretty good at this.” You say wincing as Sweets cleans the cut just above your left eyebrow. Thankfully everyone avoided your face for the most part, you were scared it would hurt the worst.

Without even acknowledging what you had just said Sweet Pea grimly mumbles for you to lift up your shirt. Bruises littered your skin, but you swear you had barely even noticed they were there. Sweet Pea looks away ashamed at what happened, he walks out of his room and onto to the porch to get some fresh air.

You slip on one of his flannels and head out side. You’ve never seen him like this. Head in his hands he’s fighting back tears. He’s ashamed, he’s disappointed, he regrets going that night, he regrets the Serpents, but most importantly he regrets the feeling like he hurt you.

You pull him close to you as you sit next to him. “Sweet Pea, please love you have to talk to me. I swear I’m fine. I’m more than fine I’m so happy, I did this. I did this for me” Finally he looks up at you.

“(Y/n) the moment I met you I knew I was going to be in love with you for the rest of my life. I swore that I’d protect you, that I’d never let anything hurt you. And look at where we are now. This is what the Serpents are, this is what I am, and I hurt you. And I’m scared that with this new title that’s all you’re ever going to be is hurt, or in the possibility of getting hurt”

“Sweet Pea. Why didn’t you tell me how you felt?” Your hands run through his thick hair as his faintly laughs replying “yeah right like you’d ever listen” Finally a smile, a sign it was going to be alright.

“Sweet Pea you could never hurt me. What happened tonight happened by choice, by my choice. It doesn’t make you some horrible person just because you had to take part in it, it just makes me realize how much you’re willing to endure in order to stand up with me and what I believe in. Nothing is going to change now that I have some jacket, it was never about that, or the status. It was about accounting and finally feeling like a belonged to this family, to the Serpents. I love you Sweet Pea with all my heart, know that and never forget it”

As soon as you finish you felt Sweets lips crashing into yours. Now more than ever you felt unimaginably close to Sweet Pea. It was a new beginning for the both of you. And you were ready to see where it took you.