87- absence

Ariella's pov

Ariella's pov

"How did you guys know Brian and Dom were the ones for you?" I asked the girls as they looked at each other then back at me.

"Well." Letty cleared her throat. "I never thought Dom and I would be together when i was younger." She smiled at the thought. "But when we started dating we kind of just had gut feelings that we were meant for each other. He never left my side since."

"When i first met Brian i had the biggest crush on him. I really did like him but he did lie about a lot of stuff at first. So when we went our separate ways he became a cop and i lived life. But i just couldn't find another guy like him. Although our relationship wasnt perfect he was able to redeem himself." Mia answered.

"You are questioning if Oscar is the one for you?" Letty asked and my eyes grew wide.

"I've moved on from him." I shook my head.

"You're using Derek to fill in Oscar's place in your heart, but its never gonna work." Mia frowned.

"He slept with Leslie who i thought was my best friend last night." I admitted. "I also had sex with Derek that night! I thought it would make me forget about Oscar because he's all i think about now. That night where we got arrested by the police I was at his house and it just felt like old times. We had sex and ever since then it made me realize i wanted him back. But he's talking to Leslie." I explained to them. "Why cant i forget about that asshole?" i wiped my tears away.

"Because you love him." Letty frowned. "Its not easy to forget someone you love."

"Why?!" I said so frustratedly. "He cheated on me! He went after my best friend! He's done me wrong in so many ways. I hate him!" I cried.

"But you also see the good in him. Thats why you love him. You think he will change for you." Mia comforted me with a hug. "And if hes the one for you, he will change."

"And what if he doesn't?" I asked.

"Then thats his loss. The one for you will come. Then he'll have to watch you be happy with someone else while he sits in his sorrows." Letty smiled.

"It's just frustrating because I want him to be the one. When i came back from the psych ward he said he wanted me to be happy even if it wasnt with him. I didnt want that. I wanted him to fight for me. To fight for us and do whatever he had to change himself for the better. But instead of him wanting to be the better man he'd rather someone else do that."

"I think we both understand how that feels." Letty looked at Mia then at me.

"So what did you guys do to make your guys' change?"

"Nothing.We lived life. Did our own thing, and worked on ourselves. We didnt sit around crying until they changed. We became the baddest versions of ourselves to remind them of what they'll lose if they dont shape up." Letty explained to me. "I love you, sister. You may not want to hear this, but i think you need to stop worrying about him. Cut him out. Trust me, you moving on will be the biggest reality check for him."

Mia nodded in response.

So I was going to do just that.

That night when I got home i deleted and blocked Oscar's number.

He was going to feel my absence.

Because now I no longer give a fuck about Oscar Diaz.

-sweeteasaint