78- un poco loco

Ariella's pov

Ariella's pov

After school Derek met up at my house so we could work on his car.

"How many races have you won?" I asked as i looked through my tools.

"Well.." Derek laughed. "I dont like to brag but i kind of lost track of how many." He said in a joking manner.

"Oh okay i see you." I smiled as i popped open the hood.

"How about you?" He asked as he sat on a stool as i inspected his engine.

"Around 22." I said as i grabbed a flashlight.

"Oh shit." He laughed. "Definitely more than me."

"Yeah. Once i got my license it was game over." I laughed.

"Really?"

"Yeah. The day i passed my test my dad arranged for me to race that same night." I laughed.

"I dont know how but i won my first race." I smiled just reminiscing that day. I would do anything to relive that moment. I looked over at Derek and I could tell he knew I was reminiscing.

"The look on my dad's face when i reached the line was something i wish i could see again." I smiled to myself.

"Racing was something you guys shared, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah. We would stay in here all day trying to fix up cars. My mom would have to drag us out to have family dinners." I laughed.

"Yeah my dad and i were the same way." Derek smiled but then his smile faded. "Then he left."

"Im sorry." I frowned.

"Its all good." Derek smiled at me. "If theres one thing i learned its that you cant force people to stay. No matter how good you treat them. You just gotta let them go. Cause if they dont need you then you dont need them." He said as we both just looked into each other's eyes.

"Yeah i guess you're right." I nodded as i looked back at the car.

Then Derek cleared his throat. "So can you find the problem? Cause i cant." He laughed to try and lighten up the mood.

"Im pretty sure your transmission filter is clogged." I look at him.

"So we gotta remove the pan from the transmission and change the filter." I looked at him as he nodded.