•umbra•

°Umbra°

-a conical shadow excluding all light from a given source

-a shaded area

A peaceful day was going for Kobayasu Aren.

He went to school in peace, studied in peace, talked to his friends in peace, and was currently walking back home in peace. The sun was setting as he walked down a busy street on his way home. People were talking amongst their selves, and the street was filled with passing vehicles.

It was at that moment when he then concluded that...

Something is not right. The young delinquent thought, pausing dead on his tracks as he pondered for a while. No gang fights, no blood, no unconscious bodies... It's definitely not normal.

Aren stood on the side of the road, blankly staring ahead as he racked his brain of how odd things were turning out for him. Now that he's paused to think about it, he didn't even recall Nendou saying his infamous line, "Pal, let's get out for some ramen."

With how things were going, his stomach churned in discomfort. Encountering rather out-of-the-ordinary was part of his mundane life, and so far, he hadn't seen anything strange.

As he was continuing to look back on how his day went on, his focus was suddenly snapped as he saw a girl his age suddenly run in the middle of the road. And unfortunately, car-sama, the great being who was been the center of angst stories for running over a beloved childhood friend or some other loved one, was about to do his usual job -- running over people.

On instinct, Aren dropped his bag to the side before dashing his way towards the girl, pushing her aside, just in time to save her life.

Some dramatic narration, am I right?

"That was a close one." The dark haired male breathed out, his heart still pounding from the sudden adrenaline that has taken over him. He then got off the female he had just saved, crouching in front of her. "Hey, are you alright?"

The teenage girl didn't respond, instead, she was just staring blankly on the ground, her dull (e/c) orbs seeming to not have its shine.

She must have been traumatized. Aren mentally concluded, sighing as he waited for the girl in front of him to respond whatsoever. The delinquent somehow felt sorry for the girl, experiencing such thing. Having a bit of sympathy, the dark purple haired male remained crouched in front of the female, waiting for her response, just to make sure she wasn't too badly hurt.

More importantly, a person was almost to get run over. Aren thought exasperatedly. Just where's the police when you need them?! And this is why I can easily get away from fights.

It took a good couple of minutes before the female finally snapped out of her trance. As she raised her head up to meet Aren's eyes, the said male scrambled a bit in front of her before inching himself closer to the girl, but was careful not to intimidate her.

"Are you alright?" The dark haired delinquent questioned once more, watching as she gave him a puzzled stare. Kobayasu Aren wasn't usually patient, that wasn't much a surprise if you were to find out his background as a delinquent. However, there are some circumstances where he has to give some extra consideration, like when he's dealing with a child or maybe a girl who was supposed to be dead right now if it weren't for him.

"You were just about to get run over by a car. Luckily, I was there to push you out of the way. Are you hurt in anyway?" He repeated himself, talking in the gentlest way he could as he wouldn't want to scare the girl after experiencing such a traumatizing experience.