•beholden•

°Beholden°

-owing thanks or having a duty to someone in return for help or a service

Kusuo came extra early for school today. Though he dreaded coming to the place where the most bothersome people lurk, the idea of coming earlier than usual had its own benefit, as the pink haired psychic was able to avoid walking to school with Nendou and Kaidou. Not only that, but also the school hallways were especially empty at the time.

For the first time in his life, Kusuo was actually able to find peace at school.

Letting a contented smile settle on his lips, Kusuo closed his eye for a short moment, enjoying the serene environment he knows he deserves. A few students were already at school but most of them seemed to be the quiet type, which was a huge relief for the strawberry haired boy. This fact allowed him relax on the school grounds, seated on one of the benches situated behind the school building.

Or so he thought.

"Guess who?" A female voice questioned from behind him, petite hands covering his eyes, preventing him from seeing anything. Even without the use of his telepathy, Kusuo was able to easily tell who the culprit was.

You surely are one huge of a bother in life. Kusuo mentally remarked, as he gently gripped the hands temporarily robbing him of his vision, prying it off his eyes.

"Surprise!" (Y/N) beamed, greeting Kusuo's stoic visage with her cheerful, smiling one. The pink haired boy sighed in response, not hiding the fact that he didn't appreciate the surprise attack much. Noticing that, the (h/c) haired girl furrowed her eyebrows, frowning at how edgy the psychic was acting. "You shouldn't look so grumpy so early in the morning." She said, slapping Kusuo's back in a friendly manner. "Now that I mentioned it, what are you doing so early in the morning here?"

"I can say the same." Kusuo replied, dusting the spot where the girl had hit him, wary that his clothes would get contaminated with her idiocy. Luckily for him, (Y/N) was too oblivious to notice.

"I asked you first." The female retorted, taking a step closer towards the slightly taller boy, placing her hands on her hips as if to intimidate him. But, we all know that the only thing intimidating about her was her outrageous stupidity.

"I asked you second." Although illogical, Kusuo chose to reply with that particular comeback.

"You're right..." (Y/N) mumbled, placing her chin between her thumb and index finger, seeming troubled on what she could use as a counter to Kusuo's intelligent rejoinder. Ending up with nothing, the girl gave up with a sigh. "You're too smart for me, damn it!"

Almost every person in this universe is.

"I didn't find Aren at his place, so I thought he already went to school. I was gonna kindly ask him to make me breakfast, but it turns out he already left." The (h/c) haired female dreaded out a sigh afterwards, slumping her shoulders in a disappointed manner. "And, to make it worse, I searched the whole school for him for naught, and now I'm even hungrier."

Well, you won't find Kobayasu here. Kusuo thought, using his clairvoyance to track down the dark haired delinquent. It seems he was caught up with a few thugs from a neighbouring school.

"So, why are you here early?" (Y/N) proceeded questioning him, pointing a finger at him as if he had done something felonious, when in fact, it was the person she was searching for doing so.

After girl had brought up the topic regarding Aren, Kusuo recalled the day the dark-purple haired male had introduced the girl. Remembering how farfetched and suspiciously vague their meeting was, Kusuo wondered where the odd girl was exactly from. If it were him in Aren's place, he wouldn't have taken in a stranger he knew nothing about besides her name. Although, he has to admit that (Y/N) didn't seem to have any ill intentions –besides being a nuisance.