•sobriety•

°Sobriety°

-the state of being sober.

-the quality of being staid or solemn.

Kusuo always questioned the idea of White Day. In his opinion, it was no surprise that Japan was the only country that practices the said tradition every fourteenth day of March. I mean, just who the hell would like to wait a whole month – twenty-eight or twenty-nine days, to be exact – before receiving their response from Valentines.

To the noobs out there who haven't watched enough anime, allow us to briefly explain how White Day works. Although, I cannot promise that this supposedly concise explanation wouldn't turn to a two-hundred and fifty word essay. Going back on track, it is a common custom in Japan that females are to give chocolates on the fourteenth of February or more commonly known as Valentine's Day. It could vary from romantic homemade chocolates to platonic obligatory store-bought chocolates. In any case, it is just females that are to give chocolates on that. Where's the gender equality on that?

Basically, White Day is the reverse of Valentines. In this occasion, males are the ones who give the sweets – may it be chocolate or any other candy. On this day, they are to respond to the Valetine's chocolate they've received – if they ever got romantic ones. Which is actually quite bull.

It may increase the joy threefold when you receive a positive response. However, the same applies to when you were to get rejected. After anticipating, waiting patiently for a whole month, you might as well be a heartless robot if you weren't to bawl your eyes out at night after getting your hopes crushed – especially if your feelings were thoroughly sincere. Not that yours truly is speaking out of personal experience though... I'm speaking for a friend so shut up.

As much as feelings would blossom or get trampled on threefold for the day, the frostiness of the winter morning seemed to be going with the flow. Boy was it fucking frigid. The pink-haired boy was even almost convinced that hell froze over.

Well, as he was lucky enough to be born with psychic powers, he wouldn't need to worry about freezing his limbs off – unlike the 99.9 percent of the human population. And, he acts all pissy about having psychic powers like an edgy, hormonal adolescent in puberty. What an idiot.

As Kusuo would watch his shoes alternate from touching the cemented ground, evidences of powdery white snow visible on his path, like every normal day, he wouldn't expect dirt to meet his head out of nowhere.

Well, isn't that lovely.

Pissed for his day to go downhill so early in the morning, the strawberry-hired male felt a muscle by his eyebrow twitching in annoyance. Whirling his head around, he immediately searched for the source of the unpleasant action. And just as immediately as he turned around, soil met his face once more.

The young psychic could feel heat rushing from his veins out of spite in the middle of the icy winter morning as he brought up a gloved hand to push the filth out of his face. And in an instant, his magenta eyes met the profile of an awfully familiar (h/c) head. Knowing her well enough, Kusuo felt his nerves calming down at the sight of (Y/N) holding a dirty spoon with her hands covered with soil. After all, it was just typical of her.

"What are you doing?" Kusuo voiced out, his low monotonous tone easily catching the attention of the (h/c)-haired teen before him. The latter hums in response, slowly tilting her head to let their contrasting hues clash at the sight of one another as she ceased her actions.