•maudlin•

°Maudlin°

-showing or expressing too much emotion especially in a foolish or annoying way

It can be considered such an uncommon occurence for Kusuo to make the first approach towards another person, accounting in the fact that he very much prefers to isolate himself from any social activity. Although, being surrounded by outgoing classmates and family proves self-isolation difficult for him -- which results to him exerting unnecessary energy with a group.

As many times as he would label almost every human being there is as 'bothersome' or 'irritating', of course, he still finds himself stuck with such person. Well, the whole fandom basically describes the pink-haired psychic as a tsundere -- a dishonest prat -- so there's that. I mean, there he was calling (Y/N) an idiot, and look who's the lovestruck fool now.

"Kobayasu." The plum-haired male raised his head up momentarily at the call, slinging his school bag over his shoulders as he found dull purple hues staring at him.

With a curious visage, Aren responded to the strawberry-haired teen before him with a query. "Is there something you need, Saiki?"

"What class is (Y/N) in?" Without much dilly dallying -- a fancy way to say 'without wasting any time' -- Kusuo lets the question slip his tounge without much hesitation.

"(Y/N)'s?" The former delinquent mimicked the said female's name, pausing for a short second as he pursed his lips into a firm line. As quick as Aren had hesitated, the taller male lets out a short chuckle before finally replying. "She's probably at the faculty room again; it's pretty much part of her daily routine to be called there for her failure in school work."

"Is that so?" The pale teen raised a thin brow as he replied, watching with calculating eyes at how Aren would clench his calloused hands with an unfathomable expression present in his visage. Letting a soft sigh escape his lips, Kusuo lets his gaze drop before accounting his acquaintance's regard. "I would like to have her accompany me for a while. Would that be fine, Kobayasu?"

"Sure, why not?" Aren replied with barely any trill of hesitation, even letting a reassuring smile flash upon his lips. "If she's not back by seven, we will have a problem though."

A passive aggressive threat.

Kusuo knew better than to be on this former legendary delinquent's bad side; of course, he wouldn't choose to go against his word. Why do I even have to abide to his request -- command actually -- when I can easily chuck him to the next prefecture without much effort? As much as he would want to let the bitter rejoinder slip, he wasn't the type to deal with a tiring interaction any further.

Wordlessly, the pink-haired male nodded his head, agreeing to the dark-purple haired male's terms.

"I was going to pick her up today anyways since we agreed to go home together. You can wait for us at the school gate, Saiki." Upon Aren had offered so, Kusuo didn't fail to note the taller male's poise and current gestures, observing them with a keen eye. "We'll see you then."

With pale lips kept in a thin line, Kusuo doesn't bother to waste another word, watching in silence at the fleeting outline of the bespectacled former juvenile outlaw in silence. Left to ponder to himself, he lets out a shaky exhale.

I should have used my germaniun ring today.

~~~~~

"Alright, Kusuo. Tell me truth." The moment (Y/N) had finally arrived in front of the school gates with her dark-haired friend, Kusuo finds the former staring at him with great suspicion, a finger now pointed accusingly at his chest. "You're going to rip out my organs and sell them to the black market for a hefty price, aren't you?"