° lagniappe °

°Lagniappe°

- a small gift given to a costumer by a merchant at the same time of purchase

Synchronized beats and tunes playing through the ear buds hanging loosely on both her ears, a pair of (e/c) tinted orbs trailed the colorful pixels dancing through her phone screen as she hums with the ongoing music playing through her mobile device, finger scrolling through her feed in hopes of finding a good reference and inspiration for an upcoming self-project of hers. As she lay in the comfort of her bed, her head hangs by the end of her mattress -- as odd as it gets, giving her an upside down panorama of her room, legs swinging with the beat of the song playing to accompany her ears.

Just as she finds an eye catching illustration, the (h/c) haired girl perks up, now fixing her position to rest her head on the soft surface of her pillows -- admittedly feeling quite woozy now for viewing her surroundings upside down for almost an half an hour now. Before she could take a screenshot of the digital illustration, she jolts up at the sudden burst of her unlocked bedroom door. Startled, she fumbles with her phone before the object slips past her palms and hit her hard on the nose.

"Ooh, that's gotta hurt." Entering (Y/N)'s personal quarter were two younger boys owning the same features as the said female -- her younger brother hissing the words out as he had firsthand experienced the pain his elder sister was feeling multiple times before.

"Are you alright, Auntie (Y/N)?" Her nephew questions with big, curious eyes, watching the college student groan in pain as she rubbed her nose to ease the pain she was feeling -- pulling off the earbuds squeezed in her ears. In the boy's arms was their favorite chocolate-feathered pet rooster, clucking out loudly. "I think Fredric is worried too."

"Kazuki, you should really stop carrying that fried chicken around the house. I hate cleaning up after its stinky poo." Maki, (Y/N)'s younger brother, scrunches up his nose in disgust, recalling a few not-so-happy memories with dealing the feathered bundle of joy otherwise known as Fredric -- like having his ten-page reflection paper pooped at by the bird.

"Stop saying bad things about Fredric or I'll tell Mama and Grandpapa about those weird noises I heard when I saw you using the family computer last week!" Being the little rascal he is, the (h/c) haired female's nephew doesn't hesitate to threaten his uncle with snitching on the hormonal teenaged boy.

(Y/N) on the other hand, nods approvingly like a proud aunt -- also the devil behind mentoring the five-year-old on how to win every argument against the high school student.

Choking on thin air, Maki's visage had grown flustered, pointing a finger towards the child as he blurts out with a stutter. "Y-you little brat! Tha-that was already past twelve am. What were you doing, awake at such an hour?!"

"Oho~ I believe we're much more interested learning about what you were doing awake in such an hour." Grinning deviously, the second daughter of the (L/N)  family presses her fingers together, resting her chin on top of her hands as she imitated those hot villains that can makeyouscreamdaddy.

Staring at his auntie curiously, the young boy blinks his round eyes owlishly before deciding to imitate the older (L/N)'s expression. "And, we don't hear you denying,  Uncle Maki." Wavering for from the villainous position for a short moment, Kazuki decides to inquire. "Auntie, what are those noises exactly called anyway?"

Just upon he spots his sister opening her mouth, Maki decides to interrupt. "Never mind that irrelevant topic!" The teenaged boy shouts out loud his protest, a frown weighing down his features to show his extreme displeasure. "Ah, geez. Kazuki and I didn't come up to your room to talk about something stupid."