•impunity•

°Impunity°

-freedom from punishment, harm, or loss

***

***

In the perspective of a student, there could be nothing much better to await than a long weekend. After all, 'tis the season to be jolly for we are given temporary freedom from the shackles of hellish schoolwork. As it is the time of freedom in a span of three to five days for teenagers, we are given a choice how we would spend it. It could be either by enjoying the solitude of binge watching whilst cooped up inside your room, or actually taking the leverage to go out. But, of course, the wiser choice is clear -- going outside to take delight on the beautiful sunshine; after all, who wouldn't have grown sick of staying at home all day with how stepping out of your doorstep was pretty much suicide one time because of a certain virus.

Nevertheless with that very sound argument, a certain strawberry-haired boy still stands by his principle that any type of break must be spent in the comfort of the four walls of his room. What a loner -- is what I would have said if it weren't for the fact that the introverted psychic has more friends than your author here.

With the sound of crunching leaves under the soles of their feet, Kusuo matched his strides with his (h/c)-haired companion as their pair hiked the mountain. Lagging quite a bit behind the girl, the young psychic gazed at her back profile, her soft humming greeting his ears.

For the duration of the one week short school break, it had been a habit of Aren, Nendou, Kaidou and (Y/N) to drag the pink-haired boy along in a hike to the mountains, inviting him to come fish in the creek every single day early in the morning 'till noon. Kusuo would have easily used any means necessary to avoid the troublesome predicament. However, the fact that (Y/N) would be left alone with three teenage boys didn't settle well with him. In all honesty though, the worse those three can do was throw a wriggling fish at her face.

"(Y/N), can't we at least go on a date sometimes?" Kusuo spoke up almost in a grumbling manner, slumping his shoulders as he didn't exactly get much of any alone time with his idiot. "It wouldn't hurt to skip out on those three sometimes; our break would end without us going out at this rate."

"Ah," The owner of the said name abruptly halted her steps to spare the boy a glance, blinking as she claimed. "This is a date, Kusuo." At her declaration, the strawberry-haired teen raised an eyebrow, shooting the girl an inquisitive stare. "Aren and the others are not with us today. It's just us two."

"Oh..."

~~~~~

"Kusuo," The mentioned boy simply hums in response, not bothering to lift his gaze from the light novel he was currently reading, his form leaning on the trunk under the shade of a fairly big three. "I'm starting to get bored."