• sanctimonious •

°Sanctimonious°

-making a show of being morally superior to other people.

Saiki Kusuo wasn't exactly the luckiest person out there. It was blatantly obvious from everything he had experienced. However, that didn't mean all bad things come to him. This was clearly shown by the way the corner of his lips tugged up slightly into a contented smile as his first two hours of school went smoothly for him. Not only was he able to avoid anyone from his set of friends during free time, but also, due to the ongoing classes, none of them would dare approach him under the teacher's supervision.

But, like how it has been stated earlier, Saiki Kusuo still isn't the luckiest person out there.

As the bell rang to signal their next period, the pink-haired boy's usual frown danced back to his lips upon hearing the announcement coming from their biology teacher. It wasn't that he was the only one displeased, but a number of his classmates as well.

Let's just say that on the very first day back to class, their teacher decided to have a frog dissection. Majority of the girls from Kusuo's class started to complain both verbally and mentally, which was figuratively making his ears bleed.

But, what he dreaded the most was the fact that his telephaty allows him to read the thoughts of animals as well. Which meant, he will have to deal with the amphibians' cries for mercy as their stomachs are being sliced up for the sake of education. Not something he looks forward to indeed.

"Quiet down, class. I get that some of you aren't too keen with the activity, but we have no choice since this is part of the curriculum." The teacher briefly explained upon shushing down the whole classroom. Before the biology teacher could continue, Kusuo already dreaded what he was about to announce, respects to his ability to read thoughts. "Furthermore, since there has been a lack of frogs, you'll be doing the activity with another class. They're already inside the science laboratory."

On second thought, this is the announcement I dreaded the most. Kusuo inwardly sighed, feeling anxious with the upcoming activity. I'm definitely not looking forward to being stuck in a room full of hazardous chemicals with a girl like (Y/N).

~~~~~

Having to share a class session for the second time around with the (h/c)-haired girl was already torturing enough for Kusuo. Being split into groups of three with two idiots as his group mates levelled his tormenting up to a hundred. It was now clear that misfortune just loves Kusuo as much as he loves his coffee jelly. It was an unrequited feeling as what he would say.

Good grief... The strawberry-haired psychic brought a hand to his face to rub his aching temples, watching a certain (h/c) haired female and a butt-chin faced male toy with the slimy green creature in their hands, laughing at the most little of things. Out of all the people out there, I just had to be stuck with both (Y/N) and Nendou.

He might as well say goodbye to a passing mark for the activity.

"Nendou, look at this." (Y/N), like a small enthusiastic child, called for Nendou to watch her actions. Using her right hand, she started squeezing the poor creature as its face bloated slowly from the pressure, its eyes almost bulging out. "That was one amazing face, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it reminds me of my pal." Nendou commented, laughing with (Y/N) as they continued poking their fun from the frog like a bunch of elementary school kids. Admittedly, it had offended Kusuo that Nendou had compared his looks to of a frog, especially after hearing it from him from all people.