•truant•

°Truant°

 - a student who misses school without permission

Being woken up so abruptly from your peaceful sleep can be a very annoying event -- enough to give you the bloodlust to stab the mortal who dares disturb your slumber. Well, that is how I felt upon being jolted up awake by my aunt who has blasted "Dancing Queen" on the speakers whilst singing on the top of her lungs at 6 am in the goddamn morning, hence resulting to a very pissed off author since I just had to share a room with her.

If it weren't for the fact that I had practically stolen her whole closet of clothes, I may have shoved a microphone down her throat. But, all I could do was crawl out of bed and make myself comfortable in the veranda; I mean, I slept at three am because of my best friend asking for recommendations on what he should watch during quarantine. I could have ignored his late night messages but a sadistic part of me knew I could use this as a sign that he owes me.

"Kora! Kusuo!" The owner of the said name grunted from the heavy weight that had basically cannon ball-ed itself on his stomach, waking him in a rather unromantic manner. Choosing to plainly ignore the (h/c) haired girl straddling his waist, the young psychic didn't even bother opening his eyes. Not pleased by the response, (Y/N) had resulted to slapping the boy left and right. "Wake up, you shit head!"

A peaceful day -- that was all he asks for.

"Since you already said Kora's name, chant the rest of the cast from the show -- including those from the Last Airbender." Kusuo stated groggily, not fazed by the shorter teen's attacks as it was pretty much similar to a one-year-old hitting his face with his inhuman structure. It took a good jab in the gut for him to finally sit up along with a headbutt. Breathing out a sigh, the pink-haired teen stares at the (h/c) haired girl already dressed in her school uniform with an apathetic gaze -- which immediately shifted to a curious one at the sight of snot and tears decorating her features. "I expect a good reason for this."

"Kusuo..." (Y/N) sniffed, breaking into sobs. The strawberry head knitted his brows at the reaction, wondering what is wrong with her. "Fredric is missing!"

Heaving out a sigh, he allowed his childish girlfriend take a moment or two to calm down in his chest. As much as he didn't give much of a bat of an eye to the chocolate feathered rooster, Kusuo was well aware how (Y/N) loved the thing -- and as annoying it is to admit so, probably more than she loves him. Rubbing her back, Kusuo reaassured the girl. "I'll find him, so shut your crying already; you're already ugly enough."

"Right, and you're a lot cuter than my Fredric!" (Y/N) huffed, an immature pout forming on her lips, continuing her persistent whining. Just as she felt a pair of lean arms snaking her waist, her cries had ceased momentarily. Before she could say a piece of her mind to Kusuo, the (h/c)-haired girl finds herself slung on the pink-haired teen's shoulder like a potato sack. "What the--?"

"Might as well get your ass moving if you have the time to squawk like a dying crow." Kusuo claimed, heading towards the bedroom door before throwing her out of the room. "But, before that, I need to change into my uniform first." He told before slamming the door right at her face, the rude action earning him a scoff from the girl as she rubbed her bottom from the impact of meeting the cold floor harshly.

"You're an ass!"

"Better than having bird turd as a brain."

~~~~~

"Come on, you idiot. We'll be late for class." Kusuo claimed whilst watching his moron standing high up on a tall tree with binoculars aiding her sight. It had been a whole two hours since they began the search for her pet rooster. Although the pink-haired boy hoped to get the deed over with quickly, even with the help of his clairvoyance, the psychic still failed to locate the fowl and its whereabouts to his displeasure. "(Y/N), get down already."