•weltschmerz•

°Weltschmerz°

-sorrow that one feels and accepts as one's necessary portion in life

-sentimental pessimism

Once you ascend the stairs of the age of maturity, it is the time you let go of the vibrant joy of childhood -- entering the door of monotone reality. It is when the smallest decisions can cause a much greater impact on yourself.

The strong smell of freshly brewed coffee engulfs the stiffening ambiance of the living area, the atmosphere dawning between the three adults seated in the vicinity. With seriousness of the current matter in hand, butting in as a mere child would deem one's prescence irrelevant; they would need mature opinions after all. The issue is without a doubt not suitable for the naive mind of children -- one that shouldn't be tainted by the black and white mist of growing up.

A child living in their colorful world must remain in the said sanctuary for as long as they remain innocent. Unfortunately, adulthood and maturity doesn't always reflect on one's age, but their experiences. One should feel grateful if they've lived inside the the paradise of youthful innocence to their heart's content. There are some who had to take the one way ticket out of childhood pretty early on.

"Mr. (L/N), I hope you would consider treatment this time." Seated across the said man, the older adult advised so, muttering the words out as gentle as possible. Having known the family for almost twelve years now, he has grown aware of the parent's anger issues. "As much as I fear this happening, I am sorry to say that (Y/N) is showing strong signs of schizophrenia. The fact that she is starting to drown herself in a different world in her mind is proof that your child is starting to interpret reality in an abnormal manner.

"But, don't worry, sir; schizophrenia could be treated." The brunette psychiatrist reassures, taking a short glance at his teenaged son who was currently watching over a certain (h/c) haired female. The latter unresponsive once more as she does nothing but stare blankly into empty space. "As long as it's properly managed -- much preferably as early as possible -- she can go back to a well-functioning individual once more."

The head of household and the eldest daughter switched gazes, pursing their lips into a thin line as their eyes conversed silently for their decision on the predicament. Casting her eye downwards, Shina rubs her arm in anxiously.

"But, Akamura-sensei," The twenty-year-old female heaves out an exhale, mumbling the words out quietly -- almost in a whisper. "Why did it have to be my sister? We own the same genes -- if I had a choice, I would rather suffer from it instead."

"Well, it's true that heredity plays a role for schizophrenia to manifest, but environmental factors do as well." The middle aged man clears his throat for an abrupt moment, taking off his glasses before sparing the other male parent in the room, watching how a guilt-ridden expression grew in his wrinkled visage. "Since she entered middle school, I believe your daughter has to maintain reigning with top grades to ensure her scholarship. I don't know if you are aware, but it can be quite stressful for the child, especially with the constant pressure."

The psychiatrist begins counting on his fingers, adding. "(Y/N) was recently forced to break up with her boyfriend. And, not too mention that it hasn't been a year since your wife had passed away." Pausing for a short moment, the brunette finished. "You are free to find offense in my words, Mr. (L/N), but what you did before (Y/N) ran away went overboard. I can only assume that it sent a finishing blow for her mind to short circuit.

"I didn't want to pry in the private matters of the family, but I had to learn what triggered her schizophrenia. I had to ask my son what he knew." The forty-eight-year-old male bows his head shortly in an apologetic manner, before peeking through his eyelids to mumble out almost in a pleading manner. "I beg you; it may be difficult to accept, but that is the first step we need for the start of healing your daughter. You need to consider (Y/N)'s well-being as well, Mr. (L/N).