•harken•

°Harken°

-to listen or give respectful attention

As much as I would have wanted to use a different topic for this chapter's introduction, nothing else came to mind besides another discussion regarding a sibling relationship. In any case, you are always free to skip out on the boring exposè of ths chapter. It's not like my hand would suddenly pop out of your device's screen and gouge your eyes out if you do.

Let us face it. No matter how much you may conclude that you absolutely abhor your siblings, we cannot get rid of the kinship that conects us -- our damned blood and DNA. Even if they were to format your laptop which ended up erasing every single file you need for an upcoming thesis, the most you can do is tear your hair out or scream for an hour straight at their face.

In spite of that, will you be able to say for sure that you would get rid of your sibling-relationship so easily? If your author here were asked, I won't. Perhaps I can simply say so since I was born in a fairly happy family despite its flaws; however, I am not closed minded enough to think that there are actually people are there who aren't as lucky as I am.

I mean, have you ever had the pure enjoyment of blackmailing and torturing two younger brothers? It is just a delight to see their face riddled with gross snot and tears -- that is until my Asian father enters the scene with his treasured weapon called a slipper and eyes glinting with the words 'Omae wa Mou Shindeiru'.

"What do you want?" Irritation visible in his pale features, the pink-haired Saiki spat the words out with great annoyance, tapping his foot impatiently as his older brother blocked his way out of the front door. Kusuo cocks an eyebrow as he moves his gaze towards the notebook the blonde teen gripped on between his fingers. "What is that about?"

"Who knows~" An idle smile curved up Kusuke's lips as he handed the stationery to the younger Saiki. Shifting his position to lean by the door frame, the taller Saiki allowed the strawberry haired boy to pass. Before the young psychic was out of earshot, he adds.

"Kusuo, have you ever felt the sensation that you're forgetting something?"

The second year PK student momentarily halts his pace at the question, furrowing his thin eyebrows as he pursed his lips into a firm line. He would hate to admit it, especially to Kusuke, but a quesy feeling had been bothering him ever since he woke up with a mild headache yet no signs of premonition.

"Because I am feeling that way." Kusuo simply spares his older sibling a glance from his peripheral vision as the latter claimed so. Flashing his brother another one of his iconic smirks, Kusuke takes a short stretch before spinning his heels. "Alright, I believe I should figure out what I'm missing by the end of the day." He states before closing the front door behind him.

A shaky exhale escaping his lips, the bespectacled psychic proceeds on with his stroll on his way to school. With his sociopatic brother's words and the uncomfortable feeling tugging from within him, he casts his magenta hues downwards to linger his stare on the notebook Kusuke had handed him.

The pink-haired boy takes a minute or two to ponder whether he should check its contents or not. Knowing his always scheming brother, Kusuo tries to dig up possible motives from the action. But, we all know how difficult it is to resist human curiosity.

Well, it couldn't hurt to skim over a page or two.

~~~~~

Kaa-san decided I need to get along well with the idiot and pushed that #&!!∑(□@  visits at least thrice a week through out the whole duration of summer vacation. If only she knew about the hideous creature #&!!∑(□@ handed me earlier.