•impetuous•

°Impetuous°

-acting or done quickly and without thought or care.

Without a doubt, examination week – or examination day, if you happen to have made a lucky shot in your choice of institution – is the most dreaded time of the year for every student. Correction; most dreaded times of the year.

Examination period happens at least four times a year – that is in some lucky cases. If you happen to be fortunate enough to experience such horror less than four times, let us enlighten you with the fact that there are some star-crossed students that take exams nine times a year. Sadly, life hasn't been fair from the moment we were born. Well, it isn't like your narrator here is complaining that she's included of those misfortunate students, but somewhere along those lines.

We can easily split examination period into three parts; preparation (aka studying), the test, and the results. If you're a normal student, you can indubitably agree that all three of these parts are definitely horrendous. Allow us further explain why.

First, reference books and class lectures are terrifying indeed with their fearsome ability to put anyone to sleep – which explains why the preparation (aka studying) is to be feared of.

Second, we suppose the test wouldn't need much explanation on why it is considered scary, but let us briefly inform you of its frightening features. Let us say we were as sure as can be that what we learned from class was 2+2. However, the moment you scan the questions on the test paper, you will be greeted with Greek sorcery that your author can't even bear to type in this sentence.

Third, it is self-explanatory enough what would happen in the results. You would receive your test papers. Nothing scary if you know you didn't put an effort to study. What is truly frightening would be the reaction of your parents as they start scolding you for an hour or so, furthermore, taking your gadgets away until you shape up. It's not like we're talking from personal experience though, but somewhere along those lines.

"Hey, Saiki."

The said pink-haired boy mentally heaved out a sigh as he heard his name being called. He found these interactions quite bothersome after all. The young psychic didn't bother moving his gaze to meet the perpetrator, already knowing whom it came from. Finding a pair of masculine arms slamming through his desk, he can't help but cringe at the loud, rude action. As it seemed that the person was begging for his attention, Kusuo raised his head up, cocking an eyebrow at the purple haired delinquent.

"They're posting the results of the exams after school today." Although his previous actions were quite rough, Aren flashed a beam at the stoic male, not a hint of malice visible in his male features. "Let's go see them together."

Kusuo honestly felt quite indifferent regarding the matter. He already knew how his results would turn out after all. Nevertheless, he used his psychic powers unknowingly to the other students in order to keep an average grade that wouldn't stand out in the campus.

With that in mind, the strawberry-haired male wondered why he was dragged to see the results with his so-called friends anyways. As he gazed at the ranking of his name, Kusuo felt nothing but apathy. Being born with his supernatural powers, the feeling of surprise was something he had always lacked after all.

As he silently watched Aren, Kaidou, and Hairo compare their ranks, Kusuo can't help but raise an eyebrow in question as a certain member of the group was currently missing. It didn't worry him much, of course. In any case, he might even be hoping that Nendou had completely disappeared as rude as it would sound.