•lucidity•

°Lucidity°

-clarity of expression; intelligibility.

-the ability to think clearly, especially in intervals between periods of confusion or insanity.

It wouldn't be much of a surprise to find out that Kusuo is the type to enjoy the indoors rather than the outside. After all, the young psychic knew there would be a greater risk of bumping into one of his troublesome set of friends while he would be casually strolling around. Well, it wasn't like he couldn't sabotage them with his psychic powers.

Kusuo found it rather bothersome to leave his beloved house on his precious day off. In any case, he didn't have the right to complain as he wasn't forced out if his in the very beginning. In fact, the strawberry-haired boy took the incentive to go out in order to buy a few sweet treats for himself upon receiving his monthly allowance.

As the pink-haired boy's footsteps would meet the paved ground, rays of sunlight left kisses on his exposed pale skin. Although winter was nearing, it was quite the nice day out. Kusuo kept his gaze straight, not bothering to take the opportunity to admire the fresh smell of grass in the park along with the falling orange hues of autumn leaves falling to the ground.

Those didn't catch the Kusuo's attention. What did though was the sudden rustling from a pile of raked fallen leaves just several meters away from his outline. The curiosity that suddenly consumed him resulted to the pink-haired psychic to momentarily halt his steps, shooting an inquisitive stare at the strangely moving pile of leaves. With his sudden interest, Kusuo stepped closer to the object, attempting to check on what could be possibly going on with supposedly immobile pile of leaves.

Upon his steps had came into a full stop, the rustling seem to have stopped just as he had neared the pile of orange leaves. Humming in question, he brought his unoccupied hand – the other holding the paper bag which contained his earlier bought items – to push a few of the leaves away, attempting to dig through the pile.

Before his skin could even meet the fallen leaves, Kusuo was taken by surprise by a sudden appearance of a very familiar (h/c)-head – a literal head. The pink haired boy responded with nothing but a mere flinch as (Y/N)'s head had suddenly popped up from the pile of leaves. He would have screamed, but that would be rather uncharacteristic of him as he wasn't too keen of catching other people's attention.

"Oh, Kusuo." The girl moved her (e/c) hues to meet Kusuo's magenta ones, staring at her messy features as her messy (h/c) haired was nesting a variety of twigs and leaves. Steadying herself up, she brushed the stray leaves on her clothing, her action somewhat futile as her appearance remained unkempt and in disarray. "Fancy meeting you here."

"Fancy isn't quite the right word." Kusuo breathed out a sigh, grabbing the untidy-looking girl's slim arms as he tugged her closer in attempt to use his body in order to block the vision of incoming passersby. He wouldn't want people judging (Y/N) as a madman – rather he wouldn't want to be labelled as an acquaintance of a madman.

Warily glancing around, Kusuo stealthily pushed his (h/c) haired girl in an area where bystanders' stares were void. Finding the place secluded enough, he quietly exhaled in relief before proceeding to shift his gaze towards (Y/N)'s curious eyes. "What were you doing there exactly?"

"Oh, I was searching for something is all." (Y/N) replied, blinking owlishly as she found it questioning for Kusuo to express care in front of her of all people. Well, he was more on worried about his image but hers as well – for an inconsequential amount. "What were you doing out anyways?"