•predilection•

°Predilection°

-a preference or special liking for something; a bias in favor of something.

A repeater – a term you would call someone who repeats the school year due to academic failure, an extravagant amount of absences throughout the year, or possibly health issues. Oddly enough, it seems that every single student in PK Academy is what you would refer to as a repeater. And here I thought I was stupid. I was mistaken; everybody is stupid enough to repeat the year here. And, these muggles actually have the guts to call me an idiot.

With the incredibly, long words of inspiration being babbled out of some old man – probably the principal or whatever – at the podium for today's school entrance ceremony, his informative speech had entered my left ear then went out of the other, yours truly not giving a single shit on whatever hogwash he was spouting. It probably wasn't even important – possibly just as important as the old dude's significance in this academy.

Out of pure boredom, it did not take me five minutes into the bald old man's speech to rip a piece of paper from the class attendance sheet that was foolishly entrusted to me by our homeroom adviser. Ha. Must be a newbie.

With my attention focused solely on the piece of paper before me, I carefully folded the sheet with quiet flips which were barely audible under the volumed voice of the speaker in front of the microphone. Grinning in triumph, I proudly gazed at the finished origami between my fingers. Almost letting a giggle slip past my lips like a child, I gave one push on the paper airplane before allowing it to freely roam the crowded area of the school auditorium.

As little as the object was, it had ironically caught the attention of majority of the population in the area, heads turning at the small child-like origami in the middle of a formal speech. Numerous pairs of eyes following the tiny, gliding piece of paper, almost everyone was paying their attention on the insignificant object instead of the principal's speech.

If not everyone had noticed the paper plane, it didn't take long before every person inside the stuffy school auditorium had their attention on the origami. It just so happens that the paper airplane seemed to be reading the minds of, if not all, many of the students. The piece of origami just had chosen the best landing area, which just happens to be the babbling principal's face. To be exact, the pointed tip of the paper plane had inserted itself inside the principal's nose hole, resulting to the abrupt cease on his words of wisdom and the booming roar of laughter from most of the students.

"Hah! You peasants should thank me, since I made that paper airplane!" I announced conceitedly, standing up from my seat with smug grin etched in my face, cackling madly right after which I had just practiced in front of the mirror every morning for fifteen minutes just for this moment. And, of course, it's a lot more worth it than studying for an announced quiz for first period. Do the math – is what I would say if I could even understand how division works.

Although only a handful had noticed my proud declaration, due to my misfortune, that handful included a teacher. Obviously, I didn't think this through. When have I anyways?

"(L/N)."

The stern tone accompanied with a hand grabbing my shoulders, had instantly interrupted my loud guffaws, my boisterous laughter immediately replaced with a tensed smile I would commonly use when I need to take a dump in the middle of lessons or when I knew I fucked up. "Come see me after class."