•vexatious•

°Vexatious°

-causing or tending to cause annoyance, frustration, or worry.

Entering the Saiki household, I was immediately greeted by Kusuo's loving mother. Although, I was admittedly a bit surprised to see her bright, smiling face the instant I opened the door. I started wondering if she had a tracker attached to me or something. Or maybe it's just what they call motherly instincts.

I was slightly curious at the sight of a sea green haired boy inside the house, being that he was rather a stranger for me. The child didn't seem to notice my presence as his attention was focused on television, watching a children's cartoon.

Nothing seemed odd, of course.

Spotting Kusuo watching the show with the child, the pink-haired boy leaning comfortably on the couch, I was about to call out his name. Before I can voice out his name, an idea came into my head – grinning maliciously at the thought. It did seem a better way to get his attention.

I silently took a few steps backward. Satisfied with the distance, I broke into a run in attempt to tackle the unguarded male.

"Kusuo!" I cried out, using the sofa as leverage to produce a higher jump.

However, my attempt to pounce on the defenseless boy came into naught, as he had dodged just in time, resulting to my pained form on the living room floor, groaning after landing with an unsoundly thud.

"That fucking hurt..." I grunted, steadily fixing myself up.

This had caught the attention of the mint haired child who was supposedly watching a cartoon show. Turning his head around, his jade orbs met mine, blinking owlishly at my defeated form with a questioning tilt of his head.

Shit, I said a profanity in front of a child. I mentally cursed.

Feeling the atmosphere turning into an awkward one, I laughed sheepishly at the unfamiliar boy, hoping he didn't hear the vulgar word coming out of my mouth. By the way he reacted, I was thankful that he didn't seem to take note of the profanity.

I then turned my head to face Kusuo, who did nothing but watch me struggle with the situation. "You know, this wouldn't have happened if you didn't dodge." I shot him a glare, blaming him because who else should I blame. "You should have read the situation. Tut tut."

Rolling his eyes, the pink-haired boy stood up from his seat before proceeding to go upstairs, likely to be his room. A frown made its way to my lips, disappointed by his lack of cooperation to form an actual conversation.

Somehow, after the little incident when we were out in the forest, Kusuo had started giving me the silent treatment. It has been a whole week since he last made a proper conversation with me. Although I wouldn't mind not taking to him for as long as I live, Mrs. Saiki's expectation for us to be in good terms pushed me to fix things up.

In honesty, I spent nights tossing in bed just to find ways to have Kusuo talking again. I wouldn't want to disappoint his loving mother after all the kind gestures she had done.

With an exasperated sigh, I entered the kitchen, where Auntie was busy preparing lunch. I asked for her permission if I could enter Kusuo's room. Well, who would need his approval when clearly, it's his parents who're paying for the bills.

~~~~~

(Y/N) went straight to Kusuo's room after receiving the directions from Mrs. Saiki. As she was in front of the said psychic's bedroom door, a tug on the bottom hem of her shirt had caught her attention. Whipping her head around, she saw the same green haired little boy from earlier.