•Metanoia•

°Metanoia°

-the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life

***

***

Kusuo stares at the crudely-shaped device in between his fingers, fiddling with it as he purses his thin lips into a straight line. As the clock's sounds echoed quietly through out the four corners of his bedroom, the pink-haired male tilts his head up to meet the olive orbs of his older brother.

"Will this really seal my powers?"

Kusuke replis with a nod, his visage holding his iconic idle smirk. "But, are you sure about this Kusuo?" The blonde questions, digging from those dull-toned hues of any sort of reluctance. "Without your psychic powers, you won't be able to check up on her anymore."

The younger Saiki falls silent at the blonde male's words, mentally sighing from how it seemed his older brother developed an ability to read his mind. Well, they are siblings. The only fact that had been hindering the strawberry haired psychic was how he needed it to open a portal to watch how his idiot had been doing. Though, all he could do was quietly observe, Kusuo's feelings for the (h/c) haired girl never lost a speck of its spark. If anything, the bespectacled teen was falling deeper in spite of her absence.

"It's fine." Kusuo breathes out a sharp exhale, locking his magenta irises with his brother's army toned ones as his lips quirked up into the smallest smile. "That's why I'm leaving the rest to you."

Chuckling, the flaxen-haired Saiki dropped to the soft sheets of his younger sibling's bed. "You already told me to get started a year ago. Just wait a bit longer for me." Kusuke indicated, heaving out a long sigh.  "What a troublesome brother I have." Flashing a quick grin, Kusuke crosses his legs before perching his cheek on his palm.

"Just leave it to me."

~~~~~

As hands would rummage through the shelves and boxes of the dimly-lit bedroom, a cough escapes the mouth of a certain (h/c) haired female, a sneeze following up quickly due to the dusty items she had left untouched for almost three years now. In concern for her respiratory system, the soon-to-be college student fishes out a handkerchief from her jeans before tying it over her nose and mouth. Before she could proceed to her work however, the back of her jeans begins vibrating, her ringtone echoing through the room.

"If you are what you eat, does it mean that cannibals are the only ones actually human?" Without a trace of hesitation, the female immediately sprung the odd question to the caller without even checking who it was. "And, do you think that covid-19 was merely a way to earn money -- a business trick where there was someone who purposely made the virus spread and waiting for a tremendous amount of infections in order to sell the cure for a hefty price?"