•authenticate•

°Authenticate°

-prove or show (something, especially a claim or an artistic work) to be true or genuine.

Weekends, considered as less than one-third of the week when a student is liberated from the restraints of school – albeit the homework teachers would force you to do. To put it into simpler terms, it is a time of freedom.

There are only two types of students when it comes to weekends. One, it would refer to those who would use their time of freedom to go on an outing with their friends or family – in other words, the extroverts. Two, it would pertain to those who would spend their weekend locked-up inside the house, away from the dreadful thing called socialization – in other words, an introvert.

Although we had mentioned the two main categories of Types of Students During Weekends 101, let's proceed to a bonus category which are considered the lucky ones. Not a lot would fall into this category, and we have to say, they are fortunate indeed. This would refer to those who would love to stay cooped-up inside their room, however, cannot. They are the ones who are forced to go outside by either their parents or outgoing friends. And now, you've learned that we were calling them the lucky ones sarcastically.

A perfect example for those who are called the lucky ones would be, of course, none other than Saiki Kusuo. There have already been multiple situations where we can prove that fact. And another would be presented not too long after this sentence.

Inside the Saiki household, every member of the family was peacefully relaxing on their own, sans the eldest child who was currently overseas. It took the familiar ring of their telephone to temporarily halt the serenity of the house. It didn't make much of a fuss of course – it's a mere phone call after all.

"Papa, could you answer the phone, if you please, honey?" Mrs. Saiki called out from the kitchen, in the middle of preparing their family dinner, requesting for her husband to pick up the ringing phone.

"Of course, Mama!" The russet-haired Saiki sweetly replied as he was sitting comfortably on the living room sofa, putting down the news paper he was reading before calling out upstairs. "Hey, Kusuo, answer the phone! It's disturbing my reading here."

The pink-haired boy, who was supposedly in the middle of enjoying a television show in his own personal room, clicked his tongue in distaste upon hearing his languid father. Teleporting out of his room, Kusuo sent the older Saiki a dissatisfied scowl.

"Hurry up, will you, Kusuo?" Mr. Saiki merely waved his hand apathetically, not bothering to look up from his newspaper. In complete annoyance, the young psychic lifted a hand up, pointing his index finger towards the direction of his father, before shooting a beam. The action had punctured the area on the sofa not three inches away from the brunette, frightening him. "Ah. Forgive me, oh-great Kusuo-sama."

Kusuo rolled his eyes upon witnessing his own parent's pathetic response, before picking up the ringing phone. Admittedly, it was quite odd that through the whole two-hundred and nine words, the caller still hasn't given up.

Bringing the phone to his ear, Kusuo answered in a dull, unenthusiastic tone. "Saiki household, Kusuo speaking."

"Now that was the saddest response I've heard over the phone."

Hearing the oh-so annoying voice he had grown familiar with for more or less six months now, the strawberry-haired male hung up in an instant, not bothering with bearing a second more with the (h/c)-haired girl on the other line. It was quite rude though.