•obdurate•

°Obdurate°

-stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or course of action.

It was pretty much out of question. Acting quite out-of-character that one time had made it difficult to even look her in the eye. Although nothing too drastic had happened that night, having to recall how we worded out his intentions could make Kusuo groan at how foolish he had acted. He had always found those romantic chick flicks so cliché – it was ironic that he was actually taking those movies he so much disliked as reference.

It had been weeks since he last had any sort of contact with the (h/c)-haired girl. As much as it had relentlessly infuriated him, even resulting to a couple of late night tossing and turning in bed, he chose to have things that way.

(Y/N) was always the type to act normally the next day after, acting as if nothing had happened just the other night. Possibly, it was what was bugging the pink-haired thoughts. Kusuo knew that he should be grateful that the (h/c)-haired female chose not to ignore him, approaching him first even to dig up some treasure chest.

However, seeing the idle smile always plastered on her lips, carefree words always gushed out of her mouth, a part of him was disgruntled to see that his efforts to present his feelings didn't reach her at all. He hoped for any sort of change. And, the discontent resulted to him giving the cold shoulder towards the (e/c)-eyed girl.

Unlike Kusuo, (Y/N) was a straightforward girl – never perverse. It can pretty much explain how she gets confused so easily. After all, her way of communication relies on putting every single thing into words, or else, she wouldn't be able to understand. In spite of everything, actions had been always been difficult to read. Humans are such complex creatures after all.

Oddly enough, you cannot exactly point out the truth with words nor actions. Humans can conceal the truth by lying through words – and pretend as something false from their acting. Only the heart can't lie. You cannot trust human actions nor words, just your heart.

Well, as dramatic as how things are turning, I am nothing but the narrator and writer of this amateur story. It's not my fault everyone likes drama.

As the crowd of students would buzz in the busy hallways of PK Academy, a certain strawberry-haired boy's quiet taps of his heels meeting the tiled floor remained concealed, drowning from all the usual chatters of the high school students.

Although a bit dazed, Kusuo didn't fail to notice the obvious trap of a rope tied on both sides of the open classroom door. Seriously, what poor attempt to trip someone.

Honestly though, he only knew of one person who would be dunce enough to do something so ridiculous. Drawling out a heavy sigh, the pink-haired male chose to step over the extended rope, entering the classroom with his magenta-coloured eyes casted downwards.

"Hey! Who told you to dodge!" Expecting to receive that kind of response, Kusuo slowly whirled his head to meet the scowling features of the (h/c)-haired girl who he had tried so hard to avoid in the midst of drowning inside his thoughts. "You're really bad at taking hints, Kusuo."

What a hypocrite. Came his intial thoughts as he spun his heels to completely face (Y/N), the frown tugging down on her lips slowly curving upwards.

"You sure are one to talk." The young psychic murmured quietly yet enough for the both of them to hear. Although her thick head was quite a pain to deal with, it was his choice to fall in love with the (h/c)-haired girl. Kusuo was the one who loved the idiot, and it's on his part to make her understand – no matter how difficult it is.