•indeterminate•

°Indeterminate°

-not exactly known, established, or defined.

I stand before a formidable, their dark eyes showing not a sign of mercy. Clenching my teeth as I held my injured arm, chances of victory turning slimmer by the moment. I was foolish, foolish to challenge an opponent whose advantage was clearly theirs.

Giving my companion a pained gaze, he returned it with a hopeful one. Reassuring me he will be fine with the next attack. I shook my head, too scared to lose him. He has always held a special place in my heart. I was tempted to run away at the moment, but we might never get this chance again.

Taking the risk, I shakily stood up, giving my partner a nod. He huffed in determination. I can't help but let tears flow down my cheek, touched by his dedication and fidelity towards me. As long as we're still together by the end, he was willing to struggle.

Even with his HP less than 15. And even with him poisoned by the opponent's Sludgebomb.

I glanced worriedly at his red health bar, the high pitched beeping warning me of my partner's low HP, the purple box beside his name indicating the tremendous health damage towards him.

"Charrizard, use Flamethrower!" I commanded, ordering my beloved pokemon to release his strongest attack.

"Pikachuuuuuuuu!"

"Goddamit, (Y/N)! Wake up!"

Shooting up at the menacing, surprising wake up call, I clumsily fell off the bed, cutting my ridiculous yet wonderful dream.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I gushed out, groaning at the aching feeling on my back from my not-so-graceful fall. Seeing that it was just Aren, I chucked my blanket at his face, annoyed that the owner of the voice was not that daunting after all. "The hell, Aren! I was about to catch a goddamn Latias for your information. A Latias! A rare legendary pokemon!"

"Good morning to you too." He replied sarcastically, tossing the sheet back at my face. "It's great you're finally up."

Pulling the blanket that was previously covering my face, I shot him a glare, definitely displeased that I was robbed of my "Gotta Catch Them All" moment. Taking a glance at clock, I grunted at the current time. It's too early, and summer vacation just started last week to might I add.

"What are you even doing here so early?" I inquired, not really in a good mood when it comes to hot summer mornings.

"We're going to Saiki's place. " The dark-haired male replied casually. "Hurry up and get prepared."

Who the hell is Saiki?

~~~~~

Standing in front of Kusuo were four people he most dreaded to see in the span of his summer vacation. The pink-haired boy knew that it was too ambitious for him to expect having an actual decent summer break. Despite knowing that, he still can't help but feel disappointed and exasperated when his loving mother had called him downstairs to greet his friends.

His mother, being the hospitable, sweet person she is (the complete opposite of his grumpy son), welcomed the foursome with open arms, even serving them a cold beverage. The generous action was immensely appreciated by the four guests, thanking the ebony-haired woman.

"Oh, you don't have to thank me." Mrs. Saiki said bashfully, her sweet, motherly voice giving off a light, warm atmosphere. "You have been such good friends of Kuu-chan. I should be the one thanking you."

You've got it all wrong, Kaa-san. The young Saiki inwardly stated. If you can read their minds, you can blatantly hear them making fun of me after hearing that nickname.