•star-crossed•

°Star-Crossed°

- thwarted by bad luck

Being in different classes with (Y/N) was convenient for Kusuo to lessen his interactions with the said girl. All he needed to do was keep his guard up during breaks and voila! One idiot conquered. The strawberry haired boy knew Nendou was enough, and it didn't help that they were stuck in the same class. If (Y/N) were to be in the same classroom with him, the psychic can say goodbye to his capability to relax.

Alas! Cruel fate was somehow able to find a way for them to meet during lessons.

Kusuo cursed their Physical Education teacher for being absent for the day. Their teacher's absence had led him to sharing the whole period with a joint session with (Y/N)'s class. And to make it worse, the teacher in charge decided to suddenly pair them up for a mini-performance task to be graded at the end of the period. Not only that he has to be wary of (Y/N), but also of his other odd friends as well.

Teachers sure are great, aren't they?

Luckily for Kusuo, the teacher was the one assigning partners. It was a great help for him to avoid getting paired up with a certain navy-blue haired beauty whose name starts with a T and ends with a –eruhashi – who seemed to be extremely eager to ask the young psychic to be his partner.

Perhaps here's still a little bit luck with me. Kusuo sighed in relief, a rare opportunity for him to experience.

But it seems that he spoke too soon, since he was paired up with the girl he dreaded to be with anyway.

'Wow! God sure loves me for pairing me up with Saiki-kun.' Teruhashi cheered inside her mind, appearing to be enormously joyed to be the pink-haired boy's partner as she approached him. 'I wonder what the activity will be for today. Dancing? Gymnastics? Maybe this will be a great opportunity for me to grow closer with Saiki-kun. Wait, since this is PE, there's a high possibility that we have to maintain physical contact together!'

You may be considered perfect, but there's definitely something wrong with that brain of yours. Kusuo mentally remarked, growing tired of hearing her unchanging way of thinking.

Looking for anything to distract him of Teruhashi's bugging thoughts, Kusuo decided to check on (Y/N), curious on whom might be her partner. He honestly felt sorry for whoever was stuck with working with her, since he already knew her enough to judge that she wasn't the type to work well with group activities – especially with how much of a hard-headed child she is.

Kusuo was on the verge of shattering every glass window inside the campus after seeing who the (h/c) haired girl was paired with.

It just had to be Hairo.

The strawberry-haired psychic felt envious of the fact that (Y/N) was paired with an athletic, reliable student, meaning she wouldn't have anything to worry about. He on the other hand, had to deal with a girl whose thoughts are only filled with how perfect she is and her feelings for Saiki-kun.

Kusuo wondered if his luck was transferred to the (h/c) haired girl. And, despite the fact that it sounded childish and selfish, he wanted his luck back, and hoped that the teacher decided to switch Hairo with Nendou.

They're both stupid anyways, so they wouldn't mind another failing grade.

"(Y/N)!"

Hearing someone call out her name, Kusuo intuitively whipped his head towards the direction of the said girl. He later regretted unthinkingly doing so as it led to their gazes meeting.