Sorrow

I opened my eyes to hear a really weird sound, I looked around slightly to see Jack wasn't in bed with me anymore, I heard the noise again and recognized it as the sound of someone gagging slightly, I sat up and looked over by the couch where the noise was coming from, I saw Jack was sitting next to the couch silently with his head in his hands, I could hear him breathing heavily, he gagged suddenly as he leaned over and covered his mouth, I had no clue what was wrong with him, he stopped again and just sat there shaking violently, I cautiously got up and began making my way over to him, he didn't seem to notice me at all, I got down next to him and gently touched his arm.
"Jack?" I asked quietly.
He didn't react to me at all, I shook him slightly but he still did acknowledge me, I moved around him a bit and gently grabbed his arm, when I pulled his arm away from his face he finally reacted.
"What do you want?" He asked as he looked up at me slightly.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
He muttered something but I didn't understand.
"What?" I asked as I leaned closer to him.
"Leave me alone." He pushed me away.
I was certain that wasn't what he said, I scooted a bit closer and moved my hand to his, he didn't say anything, I squeezed his hand slightly and he sighed as he looked away, I reached over and gently pushed some of his hair away from his face, he swatted at my hand but was immediately gagging again, covering his mouth and turning away, it sounded almost as if he was about to vomit, once he stopped gagging he just sat there shaking and breathing heavily as he kept his mouth covered, I moved a bit closer to him and leaned on him, I didn't know what to do, I've never seen him like this before, I rubbed his back in an attempt to soothe him, after a full five minutes of him shaking he seemed to notice me leaning against him.
"Get off." He muttered as he moved away, "You're heavy."
I stared at him for a second, then pulled him close, letting him lean on my shoulder, he was silent for a second before he nuzzled me, letting out a sigh of defeat, he sat there shaking against me, I rubbed his arm and back, I didn't know what else to do, we sat there in silence for a while, then I heard Jack sob slightly, I quickly looked down at him to see he was covering his mouth again, I rubbed his head as I pulled him closer, he sat there shaking for a while before he got up and began heading to the bathroom, I got up and quickly followed him, I stood in the doorway as I watched him hunched over the toilet, I slowly went in and crouched down next to him, I rubbed his back as he was shaking, I was doing my best to comfort him, soon he began to sob again, I just did the best I could to help him, I honestly didn't know if he could even cry, but I guess this just proved he could, I sat there with him until he calmed down, now he was just shaking again, I really did feel bad for him, usually he was a strong and quiet guy but right now he was neither of those, and I was the only one here to see it, and I didn't even know what was wrong, he moved away from the toilet and just sat there, I just sat there quietly with him, I was honestly worried that he'd attack me if I did say anything, he looked up at me slightly and I tensed up.
"What do you want from me...?" He asked quietly as he lowered his head.
I scooted a bit closer.
"Are y-you okay?" I asked quietly.
"I'm fine." He said.
We both were quiet again, I was really worried about him and wanted to ask him about a thousand more times if he was okay, but kept it to myself, he was still shaking, I scooted a bit closer and took his hand, he looked at me slightly.
"What...?" He asked quietly.
I didn't say anything as I leaned against him slightly, he shifted and got off his knees, he leaned against me too, I gently squeezed his hand, I felt him squeeze back for a second but he stopped, now we were just quiet again.
"What?" He asked again, "Why do you smell like that?"
I was quiet, I didn't know what he meant, he shifted again and rested his head against mine.
"What's wrong?" He asked quietly.
"I w-want t-to help y-you..." I said quietly.
"You can't." He said.
"But-"
"You can't." He cut me off, "No one can."
I was quiet again, I was really starting to worry now, I continued to rub his arm.
"Why are y-you like th-this...?" I asked quietly.
"Because I was shot." He replied without hesitation, "My body's just trying to get the bullet out."
That's right... last night that guy tried to shoot him, but I honestly thought that Jack moved the barrel of the gun before he was shot, I guess he wasn't fast enough, I reached behind him and began to rub his back.
"Are y-you okay?" I finally asked again, "D-Did you g-get patched u-up?"
"Yes, I did." He said, "I patched myself up after you fell asleep."
He nuzzled the side of my face slightly.
"Although I thought the bullet fell out last night..." He muttered, "Guess I was wrong."
I sat there rubbing his arm and back, he was rather quiet as he was sitting there, he began gagging again and I looked at him, he was covering his mouth again, he coughed as he jolted away from me, he opened his mouth and an entire mouthful of tar poured out onto his hand, he moved over the toilet quickly and let it the rest fall out into his hand and run off into the toilet, he closed his hand and spit into the toilet, then let out a sigh as he leaned his head forward, he hand was messing with something, he sat up again and turned to me.
"There's the bullet." He said as he held it out to me, "Do you wanna see or am I throwing it away?"
I stared for a second before I gently took it, I looked at it, it wasn't a shotgun bullet like I thought the gun was.
"D-Do you kn-know what k-kind of g-gun it w-was?" I asked quietly.
"Some sort of rifle." Jack said, "I'm not a gun person, I use sharp objects."
I sat there looking at the bullet for a second before I gave it back to him, he tossed it into the toilet and flushed, he sat back and sighed, looking down at his hand as he rubbed his fingers together, I got up and left, I quickly went over to the bedside table and picked up the key for his collar, I then went back into the bathroom to see he was still sitting there, I went over to him and knelt down, I grabbed the lock and quickly got it off, then started taking the collar off.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Y-You probably n-need t-to shower." I said, "So th-this needs t-to come o-off."
I set it to the side, leaving the key beside it, I was suddenly grabbed and Jack ran his tar covered hand through my hair, I yelped and pushed him away.
"Looks like you need to shower, too." He said, giving me a pointed smile.
I pinched his arm, he pulled me onto his lap and gently bit my neck, I whined as I squirmed, he licked up my neck and I let out a breathy moan, he then just leaned again my shoulder, I was now trying to calm myself down.
"Are you going to shower with me?" He asked.
"Fine." I sighed.
He kissed my neck, I reached up and gently rubbed his head, he let me get up before he started getting up on his own, as I was getting undressed I watched him.
"How d-do you exp-pect me t-to g-get this out o-of my h-hair?" I asked.
"It's not that hard." Jack assured, "I get it in my hair all the time, the shampoo usually gets it out."
He turned on the shower and stood there silently for a second before as I fully got undressed, I looked back at Jack to see he was climbing into the shower, I followed behind him, he was already getting ready to clean his hair, I quietly showered next to him, soon I felt him push me into the wall, I looked back at him as he leaned against me, he kissed my shoulder and neck, maybe he was still upset about earlier, or maybe he was actually mad at me, I was there when he cried, now that I was thinking about it that's probably what was going on, he was mad and this is his way of relieving his anger, so I just let him continue, he wrapped his arms around me and pushed me into the wall more, I looked back at him again as he rested his head on my shoulder, I did feel bad about the whole thing still but there wasn't much I could do at this point.