Letting Go

I was walking silently through the forest, I was heading back to the complex to pick up Jack's things with Kage, we weren't really talking as we walked, I was told by Sophie that I was getting everything that was Jack's, I looked up to see the complex come into sight, I looked back at the ground as we continued walking, we went in quietly, I looked up slightly to see a lot of people were right at the entrance, including Ben, Jeff, and Hoodie, no one said anything as Kage started leading me upstairs, once we reached the floor with Jack's room I looked up again, standing near Jack's door was Masky, I still didn't say anything as we got closer, soon we were only a few steps away from Jack's room.
"Toby." Masky gave me a cold greeting.
I broke down into tears, I covered my face as I sobbed heavily, I felt Kage grab my shoulders.
"Don't talk to him right now." He said.
"I'm not even allowed to say hello?" Masky asked in annoyance.
"You can just piss right off, Tim." Kage said, "He just lost everything."
I was pushed into Jack's room, then Kage let me go, he let me stand there crying as he began doing other stuff, once I finally calmed down I stood there silently with my hands over my face, eventually I let my hands fall and I looked up, tears still dripping off my chin, I saw Kage already had quite the pile of stuff, I quietly went over to the dresser and grabbed a black garbage bag, there were a few thing's I might not keep, although I wanted to keep all his clothes and those outfits, everything in here smelt heavily of Jack, I began getting emotional again, as I finished up with putting most his clean clothes into the bag I began to cry again, I felt Kage place a gentle hand on my shoulder, I bit my lip to stop crying and used my arm to wipe away my tears, I sat there shaking as I watched Kage start cleaning up more things, I tied the bag off and set it to the side, I then started packing away the rest of his clothes and my clothes I had left behind, I was picking up everything I could and forcing it into the bags, I went over to the bed and opened the drawer, I began taking everything out and putting it into another bag, I picked up the crosswords and stopped, I remembered the time I read the finished one's to Jack and watched how happy he got when he was right, and to be completely honest there were even a few he got wrong that I let him think were right just because I wanted to see him smile and get all cocky, I held the book close to my chest, I slipped it into my pocket and then slipped the pen in beside it.
"Do you want this?" Kage asked.
"I w-want-t everyth-thing..." I replied quietly, not even bothering looking over.
Kage sighed, but it sounded like he added it to his bag, just as we were finishing up I looked around, the room looked so empty... so dark... so... unwelcoming.
Kage placed his hand on my shoulder, "It'll be okay."
I didn't say anything to him, just continued to look around, I had taken everything but the kitchen sink, almost in a literal sense, I had even taken Jack's half-used soap and shampoo, I wanted to smell like him as much as possible, I planned on wearing his clothes, his soap, his shoes, I wanted to wear as much of his stuff as possible, even if most of his stuff is too big for me, I heard the door and I quickly looked over, a deep wish of it being Jack quickly fleeing my heart and mind when I saw it was just Hoodie, he closed the door as I lowered my head.
"Have you figured out who did this?" Kage asked.
"Yeah." Hoodie said, "And suprisingly, it couldn't have been Tim."
I looked up at him quickly.
"Are you sure?" Kage asked, "He hated Jack with a passion."
"He overdosed that night and was outcold in my bathtub." Hoodie said, "I honestly didn't think he was going to get up after that."
I lowered my head again, Masky didn't do it? Then who?! Jason?!
"Then who did?" Kage asked.
"I'm still questioning people in the complex, but according to Clockwork Jack never even went to his room that night." Hoodie said, "Ben said he recognized two of the three shoesprints that were found around him outside."
I looked back up at him again.
"One print obviously matched Laughing Jack, which I did hear he was released from the asylum the day prior and moved to a seperate complex." Hoodie said, "The other matched someone in the complex, but Ben couldn't remember who."
"Are you checking people's shoes?" Kage asked.
"Yes, we are." Hoodie said, "I took pictures of the two remaining prints, and we've been comparing them to other people's shoes, so far no real leads."
I lowered my head again as I could feel tears leak from my eyes.
"Can I have a copy of the picture?" Kage asked.
"Here." Hoodie replied.
They made the exchange.
"So can you make sure all of this stuff somehow get's to Toby at the mansion?" Kage asked, "It's a lot of stuff for two people to carry."
"Kate said she and a few other's from the mansion were going to come get everything in a few hours." Hoodie replied, "So don't worry about it."
"Alright." Kage said, "We'll be leaving, then."
Kage gently took my shoulders and began leading me out of the complex, I stayed quiet the entire time, staring at the ground as we walked, after walking for a while Kage stopped, I stopped too and looked up at what he was looking at, there was a large hole under a tree a way away from the mansion, Rake jumped out of it before he turned around and pulled someone else out of it, then the two of them pulled another person out, they then looked down at the hole.
"Think it's big enough?" One asked.
"Seven feet deep, three feet wide, six feet tall." The other said, "I'm sure Slender would approve."
The first one sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"It's depressing knowing who we're burying..." He said quietly.
"I know..." The other said, "I wish Jack was alright..."
I clung to the crosswords for dear life, Kage started leading me away again, I fought off tears the whole way back.