Town Trip

I was happily walking alongside Jack as we were walking through town, Jack had a bag of clothes we were going to wash, we were just quiet as we walked, but I got to hold his hand so I was satisfied, I was honestly excited to hang out with him, he even said that we could go to an ice cream parlor, but he said we'd do that after the laundry was done just so we could leave town to eat them, just so we don't get caught on any cameras, I looked up at the sign of the laundromat, I followed Jack into the building as closely as possible, I was wearing the scarf Jack made me, and it kept me warm eternally, Jack went over to a machine that gave you quarters for dollars.
"Help." He looked at me.
I smiled as I went over to him, I helped him get the money out and changed it out for quarters, I then helped him get the detergent and start a load of laundry, there was music playing from a radio so we stood next to that, I had a magazine to keep me entertained while Jack was listening silently to the radio, after a second of me sitting there I looked up from the magazine to see someone standing across the room staring at me, I stared right back, I didn't know what else to do, she was wearing a heavy winter coat, a long scarf, a beanie, and a pair of sunglasses, she waved at me and I felt a bit uncomfortable, I stared at her silently for a second, she nudged a guy she was standing next to and he looked over, I immediately recognized the man was wearing Kage's hoodie and scarf, although he looked human, he noticed Jack and I and I waved, I saw him smile slightly and placed his finger over his lips, hushing me, he then started sneaking over while Sadie just shook her head, I watched in silence as he snuck over, he snuck around Jack slightly and slowly raised his hands to Jack's shoulders without touching him.
"Neil!" He shouted as he grabbed his shoulders.
Jack jumped and flailed his arms slightly, punching him in the face.
"Dal, god..." Jack clutched his chest.
Kage sat there laughing at him heavily, I tried not to laugh at him, Sadie came over and gently kicked Kage's shin.
"Dick!" She said.
"I couldn't resist! I'm sorry!" Kage tried to protect himself from her fake punches.
Jack looked up at Kage slightly, letting out a slight growl.
"I hate you." He said.
"I'm sorry." He said, "I really can't resist doing that to you."
"Are there any kids?" Jack asked.
"Nope." He said, "We're alone."
"Fuck you." Jack hissed.
"Sorry, Neil." Sadie said, "I should've held onto him tighter."
He sighed, then gestured to me.
"This is Jake Booris, by the way." He said as he leaned against the counter I was sitting on.
"Hi, Jake." Sadie smiled, "I'm Karen Taul."
"I'm Koichi Dalai." Kage said, "Guess you're Neil's new boyfriend he was talking about."
It was a bit weird going under my alias but I guess this was just a casual thing, I just nodded.
"Oh cool." Kage said, "So what are you two up to?"
"Laundry." Jack said, "Other boring chores."
Kage laughed slightly.
"We plan on getting ice cream." Jack added.
Kage looked a little worried.
"I thought you couldn't eat normal food." Kage whispered as he looked around.
"Just because it doesn't do anything for me doesn't mean I can't eat it." He whispered back, "Besides, I feel like Jake deserves something for putting up with my crap recently."
"Gotcha." Kage nodded.
"I'm glad I got to see you out in the open." Sadie said, "We'll let the two of you continue your chores in peace."
They both said their goodbyes and went their own way, I just picked up another magazine and began to look at and read that, Jack just continued to sit there listening to the radio, once our laundry was done we put it in the dryer, now we had to wait longer, Jack leaned against the counter quietly again, I gently poked his hand and he took mine, I happily held his hand, he started quietly talking to me about mostly pointless things, things like what he planned on making next with crocheting, after he finished his scarf he planned on making another doll, he was kind of asking if I'd help him color coordinate, and I agreed.
"Really?"
I looked up to see a middle-aged woman giving us a disgusted look.
"People willing to be with the same sex are so gross." She complained.
"Then suck my dick." Jack said without hesitation, "I don't give a shit about your opinion."
"Ugh, how dare you." She sneered at us.
"Don't you think it's a little unfair to just assume we're dating?" Jack asked, he waved his cane around slightly, "I am currently blind, how are you so sure he's not just my caretaker making sure I don't lose him?"
He planted the bottom of his cane back on the ground.
"It's a little upsetting that people just assume two people are dating because they're holding hands." Jack complained, "You're kind is what's wrong with the world."
The lady looked so offended, I tried to not laugh at her, mostly because I was a little worried about being slapped.
"How rude!" She shouted.
"How am I being rude?" Jack asked, "You're the one heckling a blind person and his guide in a laundromat."
She hissed at him, Jack just ignored her and turned back to me.
"So when we start that doll what colors should we make it?" He asked.
"Um..." I trailed off quietly, glancing at the woman, "I d-don't know..."
I looked back at him quickly, trying to ignore her.
"What c-colors d-do you h-have?" I asked.
"Pfft, I don't know." He said, "We'll have to check when we get back."
I saw the lady step closer to Jack, he turned to her.
"Ever heard of privacy, lady?" He asked angrily, "Fuck off and leave us alone."
She glared at him, we were still holding hands and he was standing his ground.
"Did it even cross your mind that we could be siblings?" Jack asked, "He's only about two years younger than me."
She was silent as she continued glaring, Jack rolled his head as if he were rolling his eyes, turning back to me.
"Ever thought someone could be so invasive?" He gestured to her, "What a bitch."
I wasn't worried about him getting punched, I knew he could defend himself, I was mostly worried about the lady, she huffed angrily and began walking away, I smiled at Jack, the fact he was so willing to defend me made me happy, I loved him so much, I slowly scooted over to him.
"Do y-you mind m-meeting m-my mom...?" I asked quietly.
"I don't see why not." He said quietly, "Who knows when we'll be back in town."
"Yeah." I agreed.
"After that, we'll go to the parlor." He said, "For ice cream."
I smiled more, I was really happy to do all of this with him.