Hanging Around

Jack and I were quiet as we were approaching the playground, I could see John leaning against some of the equipment, he was tossing around a stick, obviously bored out of his mind, Jack let me go just as he looked up at us, Jack pulled two packs of cigarettes out of his pocket and tossed them at him, he dropped the stick to catch those instead, and he actually used his hands to catch it, Jack took my hand again as he looked at the packs.
"Dugeel?" He asked, "Oh hell yeah!"
"Oh my god, I'm going to stab you." Jack groaned, "Dugeel is the worst fucking brand!"
John just began laughing, I couldn't help but laugh quietly as well, Jack shook his head slightly before glaring toward John.
"I hate you." He said.
John laughed again.
"Oh, alright, fine." He said, "Let's go."
We began following him off into the forest, I was quiet as I walked alongside Jack, the two of them were talking  as they were walking, I wasn't exactly paying attention, I was mostly just looking at Jack, I could tell he knew I was staring, but he wasn't telling me to stop, I closed my eyes and leaned against his arm, I was really happy, Jack shifted underneath me slightly.
"I swear if you dare touch Toby at all I'm going to rip out whatever is in your chest and bury it."
I opened my eyes and looked up at him, he looked annoyed, I looked back at John to see he was walking backward and had his hands raised in defense.
"Oh god, I know." He said, "I said I don't dare do anything to him because I knew you'd kill me."
"Good." He said, "At least you know what's dangerous."
I closed my eyes again and leaned against him again, we continued walking silently, soon we reached the brick building again, I could hear faint music coming from inside.
"Who's here?" Jack asked.
"It's just Helen." He said, "He kept getting interrupted back at the mansion so he asked if he could paint here."
"Hm." Jack hummed, "Is he going to be bothered by me?"
"I told him you were going to be here." He shrugged, "He said he didn't care and that you were better than getting constantly interrupted."
"Alright." Jack said, "If he bitches about it, though, I'm going to stick him in that closet."
"That's not very nice." John said.
"Eh, I don't care." Jack said, "He shouldn't bitch."
We went over and John opened the door, the music was kind of loud, we went in and I tried to identify the female singer in the song, Jack stopped and listened to the music for a second, I could see Helen looking at us.
"What the hell is this?" He asked.
"It's Britney, bitch." John said.
Jack looked at him, staring blankly at him.
"Change it." He said, "I'm not listening to Britney."
Oh, no wonder it sounded familiar, it was Britney Spears, I watched as Helen leaned over and switched the song, now it was some old rock song.
"Okay, that's better." He said.
I let him go and went off to the bench to watch, Helen generally ignored what the two of them were doing, he just continued to look at his canvas, as the two of them began boxing I opened the shopping bag, I saw there was a soda in there, along with chocolate milk, a few select candy bars, and a sandwich, I wasn't exactly sure what was meant for me but I was pretty sure the milk was for me, the soda seemed like something he'd drink to be completely honest, I took out a candy bar and continued to watch, breaking off small pieces and eating them, after a while they seemed to decide to take a break, Jack started coming over to me while John went over to Helen, looking at his canvas, Jack sat down next to me and let out a small sigh as he leaned on his elbows.
"You g-good?" I asked.
"Yeah." He replied.
"Did y-you g-get yourself a d-drink?" I asked.
"The soda." He replied.
I reached into the bag and pulled out the soda, I gently took his hand and gave it to him, he opened it quickly and started drinking it, I leaned against him, I looked back at John and Helen to see Helen was glaring at John, John was acting as if he knew he was doing something wrong but didn't care, Helen flipped him off before he got back to painting, I closed my eyes silently, enjoying Jack's presence, he gently rubbed my arm as we sat there, after only a couple seconds Helen and John began arguing, Jack sighed as he shook his head slightly.
"Just fucking kiss." He groaned, "I already know."
I quickly covered my eyes as it fell silent.
"I really hate you." John said.
"Come on." Jack started, "You two are already at the lovey nickname stage."
I kept my eyes closed, it was completely silent the entire time, I didn't hear any weird noises or other things to indicate that they were actually kissing, but I didn't dare look, after a second I heard John clear his throat.
"Um, whatever." He said, "Let's get back to work."
I heard Jack laugh quietly as he got up, I finally moved my hand away from my face and glanced at Helen, his face was a deep shade of red, he was quickly trying to cover up his face with a mask, it was white with black sockets with a bloody smile, I just turned my attention away from him, if him and John were actually in a relationship then I truly wish the best for them, even if it was a relationship that Jack and I used to be in, in the end, we turned out fine, I continued quietly breaking off pieces off my chocolate bar and eating it, along with drinking my chocolate milk, savoring them as much as possible seeing as how I hardly get sweets, maybe Jack was actually purposely giving me treats because I deserve them?
I was suddenly being gently shaken awake, I looked around confused, Jack was crouched down next to me and we were still in the gym area, I looked back at him.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"I... f-fell asleep..." I said quietly.
"I know, John told me." He said, "I guess you got bored."
"I g-guess..." I said quietly.
He held out his hand to me, I willingly took it, he stood up and pulled me to my feet, he held it as we began to leave.
"So n-now w-what?" I asked.
"We go back to the mansion." He said, "And maybe John's suggestion actually get's accepted."
"Suggestion?" I asked.
"He suggested that we live how Kage and Sadie live." He said, "He thought it was more believable than suggesting we live like Kate."
"How d-do they l-live?" I asked.
"Well, Kage and Sadie live together, in the same room, at one of the more secure complexes, living in one of Gabe's cabins during the winter and spring." He said, "Kate, on the other hand, lives in her own house alone."
He looked at me slightly.
"Slender trusts her to actually live alone, and she already owned the house." He said, "And we were both pretty sure he doesn't trust me enough to live alone with you."
I held his hand tighter as I leaned on him.
"That's d-disappointing." I said.
"I know..." He muttered, "It sucks being constantly interrupted."
I smiled slightly, he was right, it sucked, it would be so nice to have complete privacy again, but there's no way I could convince Slender to let us be alone together because of what happened when I was kidnapped, I lowered my eyes slightly sadly.
"Are y-you... g-going t-to start d-drinking ag-gain...?" I asked quietly.
He hasn't been able to lately because he's been healing, but now that he was mostly healed he could do more of whatever he used to do.
"Nah, I've been thinking about quitting." He said.
He squeezed my hand more.
"You're more important."
I quickly turned to him and jumped on top of him, he stumbled backward but managed to stay standing as I kissed him, he kept his arms around me as I pulled away, not allowing my feet to touch the floor.
"Don't tackle me like that." He said, "We could have fallen."
"Already h-have." I said as I held him close, "For y-you..."
He sighed.
"Sappy."