T h i r t e e n . .

Herb POV

"Jayda come here right quick

"Jayda come here right quick." I was sitting on the couch and Jayda walked downstairs after sleeping in . Lani went with my mama so she got some extra hours in.
"Mhm?" She said while rubbing her eyes.
"Listen to this track." I pressed play and the beat started. She was feeling the beat for real & then the lyrics came on and she really started to feel it. Almost cried a little.

I made a song for Jayda about a month ago and now it's finally done , and she can hear it. I stopped it before her sensitive a** started crying.
"Baby..."
"You feelin it?" I said while holding her hand and looking up at her. "Duh ! This how you really feel bout me?"
"Fasho..I'm crazy about you. I love you."
"I love you too." I got up and gave her a hug

Jayda beats any girl I ever messed with. She the only female I ever thought about actually marrying ..I'm in love with her.

"Uhm..that reminds me"

"What?"

"The last time we argued..you took off your ring..are we not getting married no mo?" She sighed and sat down

"I don't know..I want to , but then at the same time..I don't wanna get hurt."

"You think ima hurt you?" I raised my eyebrow

She gave me this "b*tch obviously!" Face.

"Yea..I mean it wouldn't be the first time."

"Why you scared?"

"Scared?"

"Yea. Something stopping you. So what is it?"

"I'm scared that you're just gonna fall back into Ari's trap and then just like that..we back at square 1. It took everything in me to trust you again. I think it's God telling me that we meant to be, but it's hard. Like..I love you so much that you don't even understand, but you don't see that you hurt me..."

I looked down. Shordy almost made me cry.

"I'm dumb at times. We both know that & I usually don't appreciate what I got until it's gone. I don't want that to happen with you. I appreciate you right now. Everything you do for me. Late night studio sessions with me , staying up late to take care of Lani , giving me my first child & my second , loving me unconditionally even after I messed up multiple times. Nobody loves me like you love me..I don't wanna lose that love. Ever."

A tear rolled down her face.

"it's too d*mn early for you to have me crying out here baby. First you make me a song now you pouring yo heart out to me. D*mn!" She laughed .

I smiled and wiped her tears

"I just want you to know that ain't nobody like you & ain't nobody got sh*t on you shordy & I'm sorry for making you look stupid outchea. Those weren't my intentions. You ain't do sh*t but hold me down and I couldn't even appreciate that, but just know..I love you and we gon last. Ima do everything in my power to make you happy. I can't lose you again , because I'm scared that if I lose you ..then thats yo last time coming back."

"I love you too Herb..like crazy. I'm not tryna lose you." She gave me a kiss and held on to me tight. I kissed her on her forehead and sighed..this really my baby & I can't lose her. I cant.