F i f t y F o u r . .

Herb POV

"Jayda? Wake up" She rolled over and looked up at me

"Jayda? Wake up"
She rolled over and looked up at me.
"Mhm?"
"Come on baby we gotta go."
"Gotta go? Go where? What time is it?"
"You askin mad questions G. Just get Lei ready and let's go."

She stopped asking questions and we got in the car & got on the road. Leilani was sleep in the back and Jayda was looking worried.
"Herb where're we going?"
"Back home. It ain't safe down here , but at least I know I got my boys down there that can help me air this nigga out."
"You not airing nothing out Herb!"
"Watch me."
We stopped at a red light & she grabbed me by my face and turned my head towards her.
"I'm not f*ckin playin with you & I'm not tryna see you in no jail cell. Don't be stupid yo."
"Jayda I got a reputation to-"
"I don't give a F*CK bout yo reputation. I care more bout yo f*ckin life ! You're a father to a gorgeous f*ckin daughter and another beautiful child on the way ! You really wanna mess yo relationship up with them because of yo d*mn reputation? Well I'm not gon let you."

"Jayda just chill. Okay?"
She rolled her eyes and sat back "Whatever. This on you G."
I ignored her the rest of the ride cuz I really wasn't tryna hear her sh*t. We pulled up to the airport and got on the plane. I really ain't think this moving sh*t through.

Jayda POV

We pulled up back to my place after getting off the plane and Herb picked up Leilani and walked inside

I called Tiara cuz I needed advice.
"Hello?" She said. She was prolly just sleep
"Hey T. I need help."
"wassup boo?"
"Ya brother.."
"Oh sh*t what he do now?"
"He back in that lil gang T.."
It was silent and she didn't answer
"You knew about it didn't you?"
"I'm sorry Jayda..he told me & Mama when he was over with Lei & I think Maya & Ya mama know too. He told us not to tell you.."
"Tiara you supposed to be my f*ckin best friend yo!"
"I know Jayda and I'm sorry.."
"It's whatever now..."
"Jayda!"
"I'll talk to you later T."

I was pissed. Like fr. Pissed.
Herb walked back down the steps and tried to give me a kiss
"Nah ! Don't touch me bruh!"
"What I do now?"
"So you can tell everybody else you joined the gang but not me? Yo own f*ckin girl!"
"Cuz I ain't want yo a** acting like this !"

"Herb I'm acting like this because I'm worried about you!"
He sighed and sat down on the couch "Come here" he pulled my hand and sat me down next to him.
"Jayda ain't nobody gon touch me. Aight? I got everything handled."
"Herb you gotta be able to talk to me about sh*t like this..you got me out here worried about you 24/7. I want you to be able to tell me things before anybody else G..that's what I'm here for. I love you...so f*ckin much."

"I love you more Jay. I'll start telling you things first Aight?" I nodded and he gave me a kiss.

How can I not worry? He out here doing this gang sh*t and expect me not to worry? That's beyond me.