T h i r t y S i x . .

Herb POV
-2 days later
My label on straight games if they think they bouta drop me. That's some bull. I've worked too hard to get where I'm at now. I got provide for my kids & rapping is the only thing in really good at. That's why I'm doin it.

I called Jayda to see what she was doing
"Wassup mama"
She yawned "Boy what're you doin up? It's 4 in the mornin !"
"I can't sleep."
"Why?"
"Let me slide through."
She sighed "Fine, but be quiet cause I don't need Lei waking up."
"Aight bet."

I drove to Jayda's house and walked in.
She was sitting on the couch with the tv on.
"Wassup"
She yawned and her eyes were heavy
"I'm tired bruh. So speak." I sat down next to her and just let everything go.

"I'm scared Jayda."
"Scared? Why you scared?"
"Cuz..if I lose my label..I'm losing everything."
"Herb that's not even true. You're much more than a rapper."
"But that's all I love to do."
"But think about it..you not losing yo family. That should be enough."
"I guess man."
"I'm for real G. You got Leilani , Kamari on the way & me. Plus ya mama..Tiara , Maya , My mama. We all here for you"
"I got you?"
"duh. Even if we not f*ckin with each other ima always be there to help you bounce back. Cuz I told you I was gon ride for you and I meant that."
"Jayda. Girllll I love you."
She laughed "I love you too goof. Forever."
"Forever baby."
"You okay now?" She said while putting her hand on the side of my face. I love when she do that sh*t.
I licked my lips "Yea..I'm aight."
"Boy stop looking at me like that!" I laughed . I heard footsteps coming from the hall. Leilani walked in with her lil footie pajamas. "Hi mama. Hi daddy." She walked over to us and sat in the middle of us.

"LeeLee why you up baby?" I said while stroking her hair.
"I can't sleep. I wanted to lay with mommy but she wasn't in her room so I got scared."
Jayda put her bottom lip out "Aw pooh. I'm sorry." Leilani scooted towards her mom and crawled up in her lap.
"Jayda..you're a great mom."
"Thank you. Needed to hear that." She said while smiling
Leilani closed her eyes and was finally asleep and Jayda leaned on me and did the same. I still couldn't sleep just thinking about how blessed I am to have a beautiful family like dis. All my life I've been focused on the wrong things...but this right here..this is it.