F o r t y N i n e . .

Jayda POV
I woke up in the middle of the night & seen Herb putting the gun from his "secret place" in his pants.

"Some more gang bangin sh*t Herb?"
He turned around to look at me & clenched his jaw.

"Ion gang bang no mo & this ain't nothing you need to worry bout."

"So What is it Herb?! A f*ckin gun party? Don't give me that I dOnT gAnG nO mO sh*tty a** line bruh. I've known you long enough to know that you're lying straight through yo teeth."

"Can you be quiet ? Lei tryna sleep. She don't need yo loud a** waking her up."
"Herb if you go I'm leaving."

"Girl what?! You staying up a** right the f*ck here."
"No I'm not. You putting yourself AND our daughter in danger cause you can't let go of this high school sh*t. I won't have no part in it. So..you got a choice to make."

"Jayda don't make me do this. If I choose y'all I'm dead & if I choose them...then you leaving me..Jayda don't be like that. Ion got no choice. I gotta go."

"For real Herb? Aight. Me & Lei's stuff gon be packed and gone. That's that."
He rolled his eyes , clenched his jaw and left. He made his choice and I made mine.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
-Jayda's house-
"Mama is Daddy coming back?"
Leilani said while laying her head on my lap.
"I don't know baby. That's a choice he gotta make on his own. Go play." She got up and ran to go play.

I really hope Herb makes the right decision ion wanna lose him. Especially if the streets are the reason I might.

I heard a knock on the door & ran to go answer it. "Jayda yo a** really left yo?" Herb said while kicking his shoes off and walking in.

"I told you that you had a choice herb & you chose yours."
"I can't just quit the gang cuz they gon want something in return."
"What? Like money? A car?"
"Not materialistic things Jayda. Maybe you or Leilani. I can't put y'all in jeopardy like that. Y'all too important to me."
"This is exactly why I left and took Leilani with me."
"And this is the exact reason why I wanted to move us out of here , but you wasn't going. So now we stuck down here tryna survive and protect Lei."
"It's worth it if she's okay. Right?"

"Yea , but Jayda..now you see why ion wanna stay down here no more. The reason was never myself it was y'all. I can't lose y'all."

"I see now...I don't wanna have to live my whole life worrying about watching my back 24/7. It's been like that since I was younger & I'm sick of it."

"Then let me take you outta here Jayda..somewhere you don't gotta worry bout who watching yo next step so they can make they move."
"Let's do it.."