Chapter 8

Lizzy picked out my dress for me it was a red floor length dress with short sleeves and gloves that came just above my elbows. "Lady Elizabeth it's beautiful!" I said she smiled and said" I'm glad you like it now let's go to the -" she stopped short then said "have you learned to dance yet?" I sighed and said "no I haven't had the time." this is sad I know how to Dance in the time period and world I'm from just not how people dance here. She thought for a moment then said "well let's go you might find someone to dance with and they can teach you!" she then dragged me down the hall to the ball.

(Sebastian's pov)

Lizzy and Lucy are going to be late if they don't hurry up. "were here! sorry for taking so long everyone!" lady Elizabeth said but I didn't see Lucy. "come on Lucy you look adorable!" then Lucy slowly walked around the corner into the room. She does look lovely. "Sebastian do you think you could teach Lucy to Dance before the ball?" Lady Elizabeth asked.

(Lucy's pov)

The second she asked that I turned red with embarrassment. Why did she have to ask that I could have gone the evening with out dancing. "Of course. I would be delighted to." Sebastian said. I looked at him a bit surprised that he was willing to teach me to dance in less than an hour. He walked up to me and extended his hand out to me, I took it and he began to teach me to dance. I looked at my feet to make sure I was getting the steps right and to hide that I was blushing partially from embarrassment. "When your dancing with someone try not to look at your feet look at your partner" he said. I nodded and looked up. I was doing well for a while then stepped on Sebastian's foot. "S-sorry Sebastian!" I said nervously. "It's quite alright you are still a beginner after all."

I had improved my dancing skill bit by the time the ball started. I'm surprised Ciel didn't have me work during the ball. Everyone seemed to be having a good time I mostly just walked around. A few people asked me to dance but I told them I was just learning how to dance and politely declined. The night came to an end and Lizzy was right it helped take my mind off things. I went to my room and changed into my night gown and when to bed.

Dream

I'm in the white room again only this time there are two doors. I know that I have to choose one to go through almost like I'm choosing a path for the rest of my life to follow. Both doors open, in one doorway there's the red orb and in the other there's a white orb. What could this mean? does one bring me back home and the other keep me bound to the black butler world? nothing seems right something is wrong, but what? I then see in front of me a figure with glowing red eyes and black wings coming out its back. Sebastian? he's a demon so it makes sense. As the figure gets closer I can tell it's not him. But if not home then who. Fear overpowered me and I ran through the white room. Black feathers fell from above. Why is this happening?

Dream ends

When I wake up I let out a scream and gasped for air. My heart wouldn't stop racing. I could hear footsteps running towards my room. After that dream I went and his next to my bed not wanting to be found. It was just a dream Lucy ... just a dream. I had my head in my knees not realizing I was saying "just a dream, just a bad dream." I don't want who ever is out there to come in. I hear the door knob start to turn I looked at the door "don't open the door!" I shout and they stop. "Lucy is everything alright?" I heard a voice say. I took a gulp and replied "who's there?!?" "its me Sebastian and the others is everything alright? we heard a scream." I thought back to the dream something I thought was Sebastian was chasing me I started to cry a bit , and said " I-it's nothing ... j-just a dream, just a dream." And I put my head back in my knees. I heard Sebastian tell the others to return to bed and they all wanted to make sure I was alright, but Sebastian got them to leave. After I heard them walk away Sebastian opened the door and came in. "Are you certain you are all right Lucy?" Wiped my face and said "ya I'll be fine really. " I could tell he didn't believe me. I climbed back into bed to try and get back to sleep Sebastian wanted to stay with me to be sure I was alright but I told him to leave and that I would be fine. He looked at me surprised but I couldn't figure out for the life of me why.