Chapter 44

(Ciel's pov )

We're in a boat heading towards the angel when I see a black and a white feather floating in the water. Sebastian explains where we're going and when he reach the destination he asks me to stay behind. "No I'm coming with you." I say. "to be more clear you would hold me back." he says. "Are you saying you can't handle him if you have to worry about me. But you can handle him if Lucy is there?" I say. He looks surprised at my last few words "you didn't know she was already here?" I ask. "No. how do you?" He asks. "On the way here I saw a white and a black feather. I figured the back one was Lucy's since you were with me.".

I finally convince Sebastian to let me go with him. he carries me up the latter at the side of the bridge.

(Lucy's pov)

When i get to the bridge i see that Sebastian and Ciel haven't arrived yet. although I do hear Ash talking to himself. stupid angel. " at last the great and note able day of our father has come." I hear him say. "so explain to me. how this is a great and note able day exactly?" I say to him. he turns around and says "you again.stop putting your nose in places it doesn't belong." "well you see. that's where your wrong. I work for Ciel so even if you don't want it to be my business, guess what it is." i say with a look of disgust on my face.

I then spot Sebastian and Ciel, I notice that Ash does too. "Why did you kill the queen?" Ciel asked Ash. "Her eyes became clouded. they should have been firmly set on the future but dulled cause she couldn't let go of the past." Ash answered.

Sebastian placed Ciel down I knew what that meant so I took on my demon form. And this time I was able to wield a weapon. Once Sebastian sees me ready to fight he says "I'm sorry Lucy but I can't allow you to fight with me." "like hell I won't! I'm going to help you! As long as he is defeated the story line shouldn't Change!" I shout demanding he let me help him. "No you won't." He says in a determined tone. why won't he let me help him? "You'll just get in the way." he says. "Bull shit! What's the real reason?!?" I shout. He stays silent, I see Ash starring at me then Sebastian with a suspicious look. What the? Before I could realize it I was no longer in my demon form and Ash grabbed me and flew as high as he could.

"LUCY!!!" I hear Sebastian shout. I am able to get out of Ash's grip and fly back to the bridge. I see Sebastian with a worried look on his face. "Geez you really think I can't take care of myself?" I say teasing him. He doesn't speak. "What's wrong. I'm just a puny human remember. Well this puny human can take care of her self." I say trying to cheer him up. He picks me up ,"put me down!" I demand. He sets me down next to Ciel.

"Stay with the young master I'll handle Ash." he says this in a way that makes me scared. I sigh in defeat and nod. "Thank you." he says and walks off. They begin to fight and are soon engulfed in the blackness that is the deads' heart's. They begin to come towards Ciel and I. I try to fight them off but it's no use. I knew what that meant. Sebastian. I went into the dark cloud that surrounds Sebastian and Ash. "Sebastian!" I yell as he gets his arm cut off.

He turns to see me then quickly turns back. "You allow yourself to be distracted during our fight. Who do you think you are?" Ash says to Sebastian. As he says this I use the staff I now wield to send him into the sky. "I told you to stay with the young mas-" I cut him off by crushing my lips to his.

To my surprise he deepened the kiss. I pull away and say "that's just in case. even though you probably don't fell the same." I say and fly to find Ash not giving Sebastian time to answer.

(Sebastian's pov)

"Lucy!" I call out as she flys away. What did she mean by ' just in case'. She wouldn't. At this thought I get worried and follow her.

(Lucy's pov)

I fly off to find Ash to try and help. I spot him and begin to attack him. "LUCY!" I hear a voice shout behind me. I knew that voice, tears well up in my eyes but I turn around and see Sebastian. I then fell a sharp pain go through me. I look down and see Ash's sword sticking out of my stomach. "NOOO!" I hear Sebastian yell as I begin to fall out of the sky.

This seems familiar. But why? As I'm falling I'm expecting to hit the ground but something catches me and places me on the ground. I get it now this is similar to that dream I had. "Lucy." I hear Sebastian say. "Shouldn't y-you be with c-Ciel?" I say as I struggle to speak. He says nothing. "G-go you need to p-protect Ciel." I say pleading with him. I see a tear form in his eye. That's new. "I'll s-see you a-again." I say smiling. "Now go!" I shout at him with all my might.

He hesitated then left. A few seconds later everything went black.