chapter 29

(lucy's pov)

     everyone was now in the dineing room and Sebastian helped Edward and Richard to their seats ignoring Ciel. "please sit you don't have to stand on ceremony. " Edward told Ciel. I laughed to my self as Ciel looked annoyed, Sebastian is taking this so seriously. I thought. "thank you your majesty." Ciel replied then pulled his chair out from the table and sat down. once everyone was seated I helped Sebastian serve dinner, it was hare but cooked and served to be fancy when he explained what it was I just thought well that's a mouth full. " we're eating a bunny! " Richard said with a laugh.

"have you found out anything yet. hey. Sebastian." Ciel whispered to sensation as he was being served his food. " I must ask our guest to mind his manners." Sebastian replied. I laughed to my self again but this time I think they noticed. Ciel hosted annoyed at Sebastian then me " common curtisty dictates that you carry on a conversation with the person next to you." Sebastian continued. " there's no one next to me!  honestly how am I supposed to talk to them when there sitting so far away! " Ciel shouted I. response. " I wonder what our guest is making such a fuss about? " Edward stated " I just wanted ti be sure my butler was behaving properly" Ciel replied still haveing tto shout his answer. " but I thought Sebastian was our butler." Richard stated, oooo I felt that burn. I thought. "yes of course. " replied Ciel. Sebastian poured everyone's drink for them as Edward said a toast " well the I propose a toast to our guest and to our new butler." "me to! " Richard cheered. " what's the matter your not drinking? " Edward asked Ciel.

"oh its nothing ." Ciel said tapping the base of his glass.

time skip ~ later that night.

(Ciel 's pov)

I woke up later that night, sat up in bed "Sebastian?" I said looking around the room. I sighed and got out of bed,  I put on a robe and shoes. however I failed at tiring them " good heavens you cant seventies your shoe laces without me." I looked up to see it was Sebastian who said that "Sebastian!" I replied surprised. I blushed from embarrassment " what about the princes, or did you come in here only to laugh at me." I asked "you just looked so trobuled as if a shoe lace had just triumphed over the great lord phantomhive" he replied while tiring my shoes the looked up at me and continued " I must admit it was quite an entertaining picture.". "shut up." I snapped." Sebastian then stood up ans walked out of the room saying "I was told to look after our guest's comfort. if that is all u bid you good night." he smirked as he was Leaveing.

(Lucy's pov)

I couldn't sleep so I got dressed and decided to take a walk. when I left my room I bumped in to ciel " Lucy?  what are you doing up? " he asked "couldn't sleep. but I'm guessing your going to spy on Edward to find out what's going on." "yes." he replied." can I join you? " I asked "why should I let toy join me?"he asked looking curious to hear my answer "well currently you ordered Sebastian to be the princes butler so that makes me the only demon you have at the moment." I replied with a you- just- got - told tone. "you're not a full demon." he replied thinking he was all that. " I will be a full demon at some point, but right now I'm the best you got." I tried now with an in-your-face tone. "fine" he replied clearly annoyed at the fact that I was right.

we found Edward and followed him to the library he turned a corner and agent through a wall " hello Sebastian." i said as he entered the room. " hello Lucy." he replied " would ot be possible for you to open the door to that room on the other side of that book case? " I asked knowing he would say yes "why of course." he replied then walked over to the book shelf and removed a piece of wood to reveal the key hole. " so he'll do what you ask but not me?" Ciel whispered to me. I bent down a bit and replied with a whisper "even of I didn't come with you he would have opened it for you.". "Sebastian I haven't givenyou a direct order. what do you think your doing? in make the decisions around here." Ciel said clearly annoyed "it's just good service." Sebastian replied "what??" said a confused Ciel " the trick to satisfying a gust is to think ahead, anticipate there needs and perform accordingly." Sebastian replied. I finished his words for him with "what kind of royal butler would he be if he couldn't do something as simple as that." I said looking at Sebastian with a smile.

"that's it I'm going to kill you." Ciel stated " so our guest doesn't want me to open this door? " Sebastian replied "just open it."  Ciel said with an annoyed tone. "as you wish." Sebastian replied while bowing. Sebastian inserted the key and turned it opening the secret door to reveal steps.

" well gentlemen. shall we?" I said as I walked past them and down the stairs. Sebastian and Ciel followed behind me. as we walked down Sebastian asked "Lucy earlier yousaid you knew who's prince Richard was holding is that true? " "yes. " I replied "would you mind sharing it with me? " Sebastian asked as we reached the bottom of the steps "what is this?" Ciel said as we saw paintings of skeletons as well as skeletons on the floor around the room. we walked on and I said " its a crypt." Ciel stepped on a bone and it broke. "please be careful this place has been untouched by humans for a very long time." Edward said as he appeared in front of us.

"you're majesty, where are we? " Ciel asked "originally it was a dungeon, criminals the church refused to hurry were thrown in here and forgotten, even by the grim reaper." Edward picked up a skull. "the path to heave is closed to them now, there souls can nit be saved now." he continued. lights were light and a chess table was revealed, Edward named each skull and the piece the represented on the chess board. "one of the knights is missing." Ciel pointed out "that place is for Richard" Edward explained. " you think richard has his skull." I said "how did you know it was his own skull he carries around? " Edward asked "before you ask he didn't tell me it was his, think of it as an 'ability ' to know the things I know." I replied

" and you want to complete the set so you can help him get to heaven." I continued Sebastian smirked as I said this. " yes, and if I can complete this set our wish will come true." Edward replied agreeing with my statement. "alright. in other words if you get the skull you'll be satisfied." Ciel stated " no mater what the sacrifice you wantbyhat skull? " curl asked Edward "that's right." Edward replied. "Sebastian!" Ciel said with a soft shout "yes" he replied " I order you go get the skull, and take Lucy with you." Ciel demanded. he knelt down,put his hand to his chest and said "yes my young lord." he stood up and Ciel added "also take the chess board to the hall."  "yes." replied Sebastian I gave Ciel a thumbs up ad followed Sebastian.

we found Richard and Sebastian picked him up and brought him to the hall. "no stop! put me down Sebastian!" Richard demanded. "Sebastian put him down." I demanded " the young lord said to retre-" I cut him off with "Sebastian just put him down I can handle this. just trust me.". the thought for a moment then set Richard down when we reached the hall. I knelt down in tron of Richard who was still holding the skull. "what do you want? " Richard asked a bit scared " Richard, could you do me a favor? " I asked " what is it? " he asked. "I need you to put the skull in the place of the knight on that chess board over there." I replied "no! " he shouted " no one is going to be sad.if you do that as a favor for me, I promise nothing bad will happen."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry to stop ot there will write more later ^_^