3

Aeliana came back soon after to tell Amity that Hayley was missing. Elijah had said she hadn't shown up and was worried about her. That hunters were out on the wolves's turf and that they killed a lot of them.
"Okay, the two of you- do not fight. Do not kill each other. In fact if you can't get along, do not even talk to each other." Amity instructed them.
"Don't have to tell me twice." Aeliana rolled her eyes and Amity nodded, disappearing and reappearing at home.

"Amity!" Elijah said in relief.
"What happened to Hayley?" She asked, seeing him hold Hope. Amira was stood next to him, holding Izzy.
"There's a land developer who bought out the land and set up wolf traps, killing most of the pack." He explained. "Hayley hasn't come home yet."
"What aren't you saying?"
"You remember Lucien Castle?" Amity rolled her eyes.
"Nik 2.0, what about him?"
"Well, when we were all daggered in the twelfth century, the compulsions faded."
"I hadn't even thought about that." Amity frowned.
"Either way, he's back. He's the CEO of the company who are hunting the wolves."
"Is he alone?"
"Seems to be."
"Why don't you go talk to Nik? I'll try a spell to locate Hayley." Amity offered.
"You got your magic back?"
"Yeah." Amity shrugged and Elijah nodded, walking away, Jackson following. Amira walked over to her.
"Hey, are you okay?" Amira asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll tell you all about it later, Deal?" Izzy started to fuss.
"Are you hungry? I should probably feed you, huh?" Amira cooed and turned to Amity. "I'll get something for him and Hope."
"Thanks."

Amity groaned in frustration. She was searching for Hayley. There was no trace of her. Nothing whatsoever. Elijah walked in, Jackson behind him.
"Anything?" Elijah asked.
"No. Which is weird because there should be something. I mean I'm not saying Hayley's gone, because even if she was I should be able to find her body or something- but nothing. It's like she doesn't exist."
"Someone's cloaking her."
"Not possible. The amount of power they'd need-" She stopped as a thought occurred to her. "I'm going to go- there may be another way, something else to try."
"Okay, Jackson and I are going to go talk to Lucien."
"I never did like him."
"Call me if you find her." Elijah just shook his head before walking away, but when he looked back she wasn't there. He shook his head. She did say she had a lot to explain.
"I have a question." She said, appearing between Aeliana and Malum. The two sat on opposite ends of the room. "Are you two serious? You're acting like children."
"You said not to even talk if we couldn't get along."
"And after growing up together, spending quite a good portion of your lives together, you've decided there's nothing you can say to each other that isn't a provocation?"
"You said you had a question." Aeliana stated in a bored tone.
"Yes. I suppose the two of you will have to wait." Amity sighed. "I'm trying to locate something- someone, but I can't find her. No hint of anything. Body, essence. Nothing."
"Hayley?"
"Yeah."
"That is weird. That shouldn't be possible."
"That's what I thought. Malum, do you have any idea?"
"Maybe you're rusty?" He grinned and she glared at him.
"I can give it a try." Aeliana spoke up.
"Please do." Amity asked and Aeliana nodded flashing to the compound.
"You ever going to introduce me to your new family?" Malum raised a brow.
"Of course. They deserve to know. As soon as we find Hayley, I am going to call a family meeting and explain everything. And I do mean everything."
"Is that so wise?"
"Maybe not, but they're my family too and I've lied to them enough, over the years. I want to try to keep that to a minimum so unless I have an actual, valid reason as to why I should not tell them about you, me and Lia, then I am going to tell them."
"I'm so glad I'm not you. It's an awful much to explain to an outsider."
"What is it with you, Malum?" She furrowed her brows. "Wait... are you jealous?"
"Of course not."
"Mal, they have been my family for a millennium. You've been my family for six. I love them, I do, and I love you too. Don't ever doubt that. None of my brothers can replace you, and vice versa."
"I'm not jealous." He insisted.
"If you're sure." Amity said, walking over to him.
"If you're going to hug me. Don't."
"I'm just sitting closer to you." She rolled her eyes. "You know even when you were evil, and you did as you pleased hurting whoever you wanted, there was a method to your madness. Lia thought I was mad because I thought that one day you'd come back to us."
"You are annoyingly optimistic."
"Well, I'm always right, aren't I?"
"Not always."
"Don't blame Lia. The spell was my idea. I wanted to subdue you because, to be frank, you were getting way too out of hand. I thought if I linked myself to you and had Lia perform the spell- show you how it could be in a different life, you'd come back to us. I never anticipated it taking a thousand years. It was always supposed to be temporary."
"I don't blame her. I did a lot to her, and to you. She just wanted to be rid of me. Why shouldn't she have jumped at the chance?"
"She loves you. It's just going to take her a little time."